Thread: Anyone used new NuMotion app for equipment repairs?

Anyone used new NuMotion app for equipment repairs?

Apparently the free app will let the NuMotion "remote tech" view through the camera on your smart phone to troubleshoot repairs. This won't be the local tech in your area, but instead a group of around 10 techs in a call center in OR. Kinda weird to allow an app to have access to your camera, but maybe very useful. What do you all think?

And then what, wait 6 months for the local Numotion tech to come?

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    And then what, wait 6 months for the local Numotion tech to come?
    No, this is a new process for NuMotion. They claim it's quicker because you tell the "remote tech" the problem, then they can authorize the repair and parts to be ordered without actually sending a tech out. When parts arrive your local office schedules your local tech to come out.

Sounds good in theory, but it's adding one more department into the loop, so we shall see. . .

I would also want to know how their security works for this. Having worked in a telehealth program where we did video consultation with patients in their homes via a program like Skype that was heavily encrypted, that would be my first concern.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Bump. To see if anyone has started using the NuMotion App

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    Apparently the free app will let the NuMotion "remote tech" view through the camera on your smart phone to troubleshoot repairs. This won't be the local tech in your area, but instead a group of around 10 techs in a call center in OR. Kinda weird to allow an app to have access to your camera, but maybe very useful. What do you all think?

Its to stop service calls on simple things customers can fix on there own.

I have used in in Phx and its a simple chat with a local rep in phoenix it didnt work because tech needed to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    I can't hold a smart phone so I'm excluded from that option.
    Also, remote access to phone or computer >in any fashion< is opening the door to hackers. All it takes is 1 pissed off employee. Been there, had it happen with an AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) Visa credit card. Also had 2 computers that became useless due to hackers. Always turn "allow remote access" off. Very very very rare is it necessary to be allowed.

Kinda sounds like everything can just as easily be done by talking to one of their "remote techs" and describing the situation, instead of actually downloading the app.

But has anyone else actually used the app? My poll of 1 so far isn't very conclusive;-)