Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for wheelchair accessible motorcycle for C 5-6 quadriplegic

Looking for wheelchair accessible motorcycle for C 5-6 quadriplegic

Does anybody have or know somebody that has a wheelchair accessible motorcycle for sale that could accommodate a C5-six quadriplegic ?

Are you looking for a trike or a motorcycle with a side car?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill430 View Post
    Does anybody have or know somebody that has a wheelchair accessible motorcycle for sale that could accommodate a C5-six quadriplegic ?
    Check out your local bike rallies you find a few DYI sets up and talk with them best source is people that have done there own and willing to help others.

Probably a sidecar set up but I could go either way as long as it is able to accommodate a quadriplegic. A steering wheel with a trypin set up would work best for me.

Okay, thanks for the information. Would prefer to find one already built but evidently they are very hard to come by these days. Evidently too many regulations stopped anybody from making them.

Preferably a sidecar but would not be opposed to the trike as long as it would accommodate a quadriplegic. Would need a steering wheel with a trypin set up. Would prefer something that could accommodate speeds up to 75 mph if possible.

Most of the people I know with these have had them custom made. I have never seen one with a wheel instead of handlebars though, but that is not saying a custom shop couldn't do that for you. Wouldn't be cheap though.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.