Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Wise Young, Grammy

  1. #21
    Senior Member Tim C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    In all fairness to Jawaid, you and Wise have been saying "our lab is working on lumbosacral" studies for over 5 years now. In that time I haven't seen a proposal, an abstract, a paper, a poster or even an update on lumbosacral injury research. Am I missing something? Why should anyone take you seriously?
    And i'm out of the loop?
    Personally, I think all the confidentiality is bullshit, unless it's taking place at at "Black sites"?
    Is that it? Is Jason Bourne involved?

  2. #22
    Wise hasn't been on CareCure in years, doesn't have the time.

    I have never given updates on research projects going on in our lab, not my role, nor would our researchers allow it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1 View Post
    He's in Boston. I'm going to see him on April 9.
    Interesting. Massachusetts General. http://www.massgeneral.org/doctors/doctor.aspx?id=20324

  4. #24
    Senior Member Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Tim, you are out of the loop. We have a clinical trial starting later this year.
    I notice this exact phrase has been said every beginning year for the past 4-5 years... sadly I'm getting the feeling that in another 5 years it will still be the same...
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

    ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

  5. #25
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    And i'm out of the loop?
    Personally, I think all the confidentiality is bullshit, unless it's taking place at at "Black sites"?
    Is that it? Is Jason Bourne involved?
    personally I agree to a degree... All the confidentiality is BS to a point, we as sci individuals want to know exactly Whats going on within trials to possibly help them and in-turn help ourselves... Imho more willingness to share information and be open with the seemingly mundane issues and progress with a trial would help, not hurt progression

    To be clear I am not criticizing Wise or anything, it's these clinical trial hoops that are being needed to jump through that are a problem
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wise hasn't been on CareCure in years, doesn't have the time.

    I have never given updates on research projects going on in our lab, not my role, nor would our researchers allow it.
    You continue to tell the community that "we're working on lumbosacral injuries" yet tell us you that you cannot say anything about what is going on - not even an abstract or proposal. You don't see anything disingenuous about that?

    Name any academic lab in the US or Europe and within a few clicks we'll know what they are currently focusing (even if broadly) on in relation to SCI or a related field. Why is your lab so different?

  7. #27
    When something goes wrong and delays the trial am I going to come on the internet and put a company on blast for wasting six months, and hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hell no, I'm not. Myself and/or Rutgers don't want to be sued. I understand your frustration but if you were in my position you would get it. If everything had gone smoothly, the trial would be underway, but it didn't.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    When something goes wrong and delays the trial am I going to come on the internet and put a company on blast for wasting six months, and hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hell no, I'm not. Myself and/or Rutgers don't want to be sued. I understand your frustration but if you were in my position you would get it. If everything had gone smoothly, the trial would be underway, but it didn't.
    You missed the point. I am not talking about a clinical trial or any commercial entity. I am talking about the science. What science is Rutgers lab (an academic institution) working on to reverse a lumbosacral injury - something you and Wise have claimed for over 5 years now. This should not be a secret. All basic science labs in academia have to justify their existence. This is normal. Why is this so different? Or is Rutgers now a commercial lab? If so, please do say so!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    You missed the point. I am not talking about a clinical trial or any commercial entity. I am talking about the science. What science is Rutgers lab (an academic institution) working on to reverse a lumbosacral injury - something you and Wise have claimed for over 5 years now. This should not be a secret. All basic science labs in academia have to justify their existence. This is normal. Why is this so different? Or is Rutgers now a commercial lab? If so, please do say so!
    My last post wasn't a response to you. You must have posted while i was typing.

    We have one researcher (that I know of) dedicated to lumbosacral. I am not going to give updates on her ongoing research on a public message board.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    1,141
    Agreed with you Fly
    I have been hearing same words from Wise and Jim since last 5,6 years

Similar Threads

  1. A Thank You to Wise Young
    By dejerine in forum Pain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 03:11 AM
  2. wise young
    By fti in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 05:55 PM
  3. DR.WISE YOUNG
    By jevans in forum Cure
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 06:45 PM
  4. dr. wise young
    By laura58 in forum Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 01:36 PM
  5. dr. wise young
    By laura58 in forum Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 01:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •