Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wise Young, Grammy

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I've told you several times. There is no stimulation therapy available with the exception of Dr. Justin Brown in San Diego if one qualifies.
    My understanding is that Justin Brown has left UC San Diego and is now at Washington University of St. Louis.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    My understanding is that Justin Brown has left UC San Diego and is now at Washington University of St. Louis.

(KLD)
    Thank you for the update on Dr. Brown. He's with a good team then at Washington University of St. Louis!

[QUOTE=Jim;1852836]Tim, you are out of the loop. We have a clinical trial starting later this year.[/QUOTE

Jim,
    Clinical trial of significance?
    I'm sure there's many many mini trials going on for maint & care.
    "Hope can be a dangerous thing"

You need to come visit us.

We are repeating the trial this year in the US that was done in our clinical trial networks in Hong Kong and China. The participants (28) had complete injuries, time after injury was 2 - 17 years. Here's the published paper that summarizes the findings- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    I'm sure there's many many mini trials going on for maint & care.
    In fact ... I find the opposite. There is absolutely no research done on womens healthcare, specific to the rate of endometriosis and paralysis, as well as menopause and its problems.

Pressure sore prevention and why some are more prone than others ... aging and its own problems. Depression after three decades of paralysis (looked it up last night and the last study was done in 2007 - 11years ago!) I could go on. It would be nice to find a way to avoid osteoporosis and bone density loss.

I never thought my entire life would be wasted in the chair .. but it has. Stands to reason I'll die in this thing. Not fun. I didn't wait around ... I tried. We were just born too early I guess.

Hopefully the young ones see something and acute excells to the point where no one has to spend decades paralyzed like we have.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You need to come visit us.

We are repeating the trial this year in the US that was done in our clinical trial networks in Hong Kong and China. The participants (28) had complete injuries, time after injury was 2 - 17 years. Here's the published paper that summarizes the findings- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7
    Jim, are they repeating the phase of a trial that has already been done in one country (China) in another (USA), will chinascinet be forging ahead 1 phase ahead of scinetusa or will it be years of what basically will be a replication study
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

actually I think I got it... It WILL essentially be a replication trial, but will there also be a part of the trial that will be a phase ahead in china in tandem... Otherwise that is an awful use of funds if the point is to move the trial further within a decent timeline regardless of the trials location
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    actually I think I got it... It WILL essentially be a replication trial, but will there also be a part of the trial that will be a phase ahead in china in tandem... Otherwise that is an awful use of funds if the point is to move the trial further within a decent timeline regardless of the trials location
    What is the logic behind this?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
    He's in Boston. I'm going to see him on April 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Jawaid, I have told you several times that our lab is working on lumbosacral. I can not report on their research.
    In all fairness to Jawaid, you and Wise have been saying "our lab is working on lumbosacral" studies for over 5 years now. In that time I haven't seen a proposal, an abstract, a paper, a poster or even an update on lumbosacral injury research. Am I missing something? Why should anyone take you seriously?