Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wise Young, Grammy

the chinascinet phase 2 or 2b... I forget, the one that was just recently submitted and is pending publication
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    To clarify, I meant in no way meant to Appear critical of Wise Young personally, I have met him a few times and have interacted with him on the forum many times, I wouldn't doubt his passion or sincerity but I am starting to have serious doubts about the efficacy of the therapy... I will leave no more criticisms about the trial pending publication of the upcoming paper because I just honestly don't know what type of efficacy from this upcoming paper will hold, or pending the results of the animal studies that were being done (btw, Whats the status on that)
    the chinascinet phase 2 or 2b... I forget, the one that was just recently submitted and is pending publication
    I think Jim already answered you about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    No need to apologize luna.

There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.
    The mom, here are the results of the trial. We will be repeating this trial in the US, Taiwan, and India. Any questions, shoot.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7

I had a little feeling in the back of my head that I was mistaken and getting ahead of myself... Cue old 'Head Detective' skit

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

OK, to put in words the best I can would be, to say/ask that; if the last cell transplant phase was considered a success, why isn't a next phase being suggested to potentially garner added efficacy... I can only dream up two drastically different scenarios... 1) the amount of treatment administered in this phase was sufficient enough to already be considered an effective enough treatment that an increased number of cells is not warranted. Or 2) the trial was not deemed effective enough and further testing is not necessary ... I am seriously racking my brain trying to logically interpret what is happening here and I just don't understand, please help me understand

OK, to put in words the best I can would be, to say/ask that; if the last cell transplant phase was considered a success, why isn't a next phase being suggested to potentially garner added efficacy... I can only dream up two drastically different scenarios... 1) the amount of treatment administered in this phase was sufficient enough to already be considered an effective enough treatment that an increased number of cells is not warranted. Or 2) the trial was not deemed effective enough and further testing is not necessary ... I am seriously racking my brain trying to logically interpret what is happening here and I just don't understand, please help me understand
    I'm assuming you're asking about the trial slated for the United States?

Those are goals of all of our clinical trial networks. Unfortunately, reality on the ground doesn't always allow it to happen.

After the ChinaSCINet Phase II was completed, China decided they would not allow cells from outside to be imported and used in clinical trials. This hung up ChinaSCINet for close to 2 years. They have since reversed course (after Taiwan decided to conduct our Phase IIB). Before that, 8 clinical trials were conducted for less that $2 million.

In order for this treatment to be approved in the US, it must be done here. The goal is worldwide approval, so the IIB Trials will also be conducted in Taiwan and India. This is the way this treatment, and future ones, will reach as many people as possible.
    The IND, now 1,500 pages, will be submitted next week.

In other news, Dr. Young formed a company that will use new technology to collect and process cord blood. Currently, the entire world supply is only enough treat a small fraction of those with SCI, not to mention other disorders. Wise will donate his share of profits to fund SCI research and trials.
    A new company had to be brought on board to overhaul the IND, they are pros, will be submitted within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I'm assuming you're asking about the trial slated for the United States?

I understand better some now... I bes conflating info on the lithium trial for pains progression with info on the cell trials progression

so please attempt to detail the projected or estimated timeline of progression for the CELL trials

I understand better some now... I bes conflating info on the lithium trial for pains progression with info on the cell trials progression
    Go back and read through only Jim's postings in the last 7 or 8 pages of both the threads (SCINet) and (ChinaNet). It's so much easier to follow along what has been happening by not stopping to read all the other comments posted in there. The side comments mix up terminology and one gets spun on the wrong path pretty easily.

Qquick Facts

Jim or Grammy, please point to website or blog where people can read in short digest form what is going on with UCBMC testing and trials. Something as Wikipedia Quick facts, so we can copy and use on our social media withot fear to misinterpret or to miss something important.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    You do realize that those subjects were COMPLETE and had been paralyzed for many years right? I'm pretty sure the cells along with the intensive rehab it was caused the subjects to get back those returns. I?m just amazed at how your calling Dr. Wise work ?least impressive?. I have YET to see another trail in which COMPLETE chronic SCI subjects regained the ability to walk along with regaining bowel and bladder control years after injury.
    I hate to go on and on about this, but how many injuries who are complete get the chance to have that type of intense rehabilitation? As I mentioned before, I have seen studies that indicate CPG gets turned on with intense activity based therapy, which means patients can move their legs in step like motion, but can not voluntarily move individual muscles on their legs. Seen this in my own experience 2 years post injury. From what I remember, this was the same thing that appeared in this study. This type of therapy can also improve bladder and bowel function. How many other cell studies have also had the privilege of 6/6/6? Very few.

Anyway, if this ever gets approved, I will be the first to shout and say "I WAS WRONG!" I'd love to be proven wrong! Until then...