Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Amy rear wheel or hybrid -how is it holding up?

Hi Norm,

Thanks. The R3 is so much more comfortable ride wise. Aside from the fact this is my first chair with advanced seating. (Tilt/recline/elevating legs)

It pretty much resembles yours with exception of torso lateral supports.

I'll ask when I go back next week about moving bracket. I REALLY don't want to move receiver box, stabilizer.

My stabilizer fork sticks out about 3" like yours and, yes, it cleared the box. That's when we discovered new pin not lined up with old chair pin. Flipping it is probably a good solution. As I understand it, the anti-tip forces are not that significant given the grade of metal used in stabilizer. If I read between the lines though - you are like me - Things are engineered a certain way and thats how you want it installed.

Hi Mike,

Yes. My bracket install guy had a hell of a time getting them out. He had to use pry bars too. R3 needs a slide out tray AND belt!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Hi Norm,

Thanks. The R3 is so much more comfortable ride wise. Aside from the fact this is my first chair with advanced seating. (Tilt/recline/elevating legs)

It pretty much resembles yours with exception of torso lateral supports.

I'll ask when I go back next week about moving bracket. I REALLY don't want to move receiver box, stabilizer.

My stabilizer fork sticks out about 3" like yours and, yes, it cleared the box. That's when we discovered new pin not lined up with old chair pin. Flipping it is probably a good solution. As I understand it, the anti-tip forces are not that significant given the grade of metal used in stabilizer. If I read between the lines though - you are like me - Things are engineered a certain way and thats how you want it installed.
    When you get a chance post a picture of your chair.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Well, unfortunately my EZ Lock dock needs to be moved. My 646 pin is a good 3" forward of Amy R3.

To make matters worse. I drove into the newly positioned dock - Just entering as I always have. And aMYSYSTEMS R3 died. dead. blew fuse. Reset no use. Supplier says faulty harness.

So, i am currently in my old 646 and had to pay my guy to reinstall dock to original position.

Well, unfortunately my EZ Lock dock needs to be moved. My 646 pin is a good 3" forward of Amy R3.

To make matters worse. I drove into the newly positioned dock - Just entering as I always have. And aMYSYSTEMS R3 died. dead. blew fuse. Reset no use. Supplier says faulty harness.

So, i am currently in my old 646 and had to pay my guy to reinstall dock to original position.
    Wow, I have banged my EZ Lock pretty hard too but I never shorted out the chair.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Don't know if possible but could the batteries being re-installed pulled on any wiring? Did they happen to short one of batteries while doing it?
    Reason I ask on H-Frame Tech put new batteries on it I heard a large noise and spark fly. Guy hand slipped and wrench shorted on battery. He got bit pretty good. About week latter I bumped hard into a wall. They said not related but as soon as that bump control modular(?) went out. Right wheel would work but left didn't. Tech checked said cost more to fix that to get new chair so that was when got my next Bounder H-Frame.
    About same thing happened to a old single seat post. It had a lift clamp they had remove to put batteries in to get seat off. Shortly later it off/on work with no rhyme or reason. Found shake wiring under seat that plug-in on frame would make it work. First wire harness, later a different harness and finally Tech said needed what at time they called the "brain". That last time caused major problem. It'd lose power but bakes did not engage, that was not fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Wow, I have banged my EZ Lock pretty hard too but I never shorted out the chair.
    Comforted to read that, Norm. I've been using Quickie's PWC for over 20 years and, as you know, you do have to "Give 'er" at times to get locked in and it has never happened to me either.

Hi Mike. I watched my van guy take them out. It was next to impossible as Sunrise or AmySystems didn't put on a battery strap. (Hey, its only a $27k chair - Who can afford a $2 battery strap?) No obvious shock or damage but I guess anything is possible. My van guy is probably one of the most experienced techs in Canada on van mods.

Anyway, meeting with my OT this week to fine tune seating. Then will tackle EZ LOCK dock again.

I may have to go back to center mount leg/foot rest as individual leg rests stick out too far and hit the firewall (Wall under break /.gas pedal) Not a fan of center mount.