Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amy rear wheel or hybrid -how is it holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    Thank you for chiming in Mike. The more info the better!

Geez that 350 seat looks comfy.... The 350 seems none to shabby either. I don't know why they stopped making it?

I have a Q700M coming for trial. I'll see how she goes. The R3 is my front runner still.

Hard to tell in you pic as well - Are front frame arms to castors straight or flared?
    The red chair in above post is my older Amy AllTrack 3 HD and it has flared front castors, helps with articulating footboard to not bump it when turning deeply.
    Here us Permobil 350

Thank you, Norm for posting those pics. Very helpful.

May I ask you a couple other questions?

- The front frame that leads to front castor wheels - looks strait vs flared, correct? In R3 I trialed the flared made for difficult turning in tight spaces. Straight would be option I go for.

- The leg raise actuator: It simply disconnects as well?

- Do you access the seating functions via joystick or other control box (mounted) buttons?

Glad to hear in your other post you didn't need to move ez lock bracket. Drilling less holes in your van floor is always a good thing.

You look pretty comfy in your new chair. If you are ever tilted back and relaxing, try to find a re-run or Netflix Cheers. From your posts, you seem a good humored / nature guy. You may enjoy it.

Cheers! (No pun intended)
    I tried both, but felt the flared was harder to turn in the van. It could be more that i wasn't use to the joystick settings. Now that I can see the center footplates fit over the AMY EZ lock stabilizer bar I may consider a center mount in the future. Its so much lower to the ground than the Invacare EZ lock stabilizer bar. The other reason I like separate footrests is the ability to get between table legs.

You just hold down that yellow tab and lift. Very simple. I'll post a video when I get help recording it.

I prefer the control box.

As an Invacare purest. And someone that's owned 5 Invacare powerchairs I never thought I'd say this but I prefer this chair to my Invacare now. I hope I feel this way a year from now. My Invacare was breaking down all the time. Invacare needs to do some research & development if they want to stay competitive. I love the way I feel stable in this chair. I always felt tipsy in my Invacare with short base. Which i needed to fit & drive in my Mini van. The larger base was a monster.

Since they discontinued the Permo 350 I never got to try it. Even though it was a very high chair and would not be good for me when it comes to van driving.
    Last edited by Norm; 02-18-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

- The leg raise actuator: It simply disconnects as well?
    Here's the clip.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Thank you, Norm.

Appreciate the clip. That is easy.

Thank you, Norm.

Appreciate the clip. That is easy.
    If you have anymore questions let me know.

Hi guys,

Well I ordered Amy R3. bEST of the chairs I demoed. Its in actually. Just need to fine tune and have ez lock bracket installed.

Tilt, recline and elevating legs. I went with the individual leg rests as center mount are difficult to get under restaurant tables (center post)

I also got their swing away and down joystick arm.

I am concerned about the "openness" of the seating mechanics at the back. Despite the shroud, it seems rain could easily reach some sensitive equipment. Anyone experience a problem?

Post a pic when I get it.

Appreciate your input everyone. Thanks.

Hi Norm,

Hope all is well with you.

Unfortunately, my ezlock bracket on my 646se and new Amy R3 have the bolt/pin in different areas.

This means we have to move tie down unit and stabilizer in my van - Something I was hoping to avoid.

Do you (or anyone here) know if ezlock bracket can be drilled to place the tie down pin in a different location?

Also, I need to ask my supplier, but do you know if your batteries come with a strap wrapped around them? It seems they are supposed to (see: step 4: http://amysystems.com/wp-content/upl...-24-EN-Web.pdf) but mine doesn't and they were a HUGE pain for my bracket guy to get out.
    Last edited by CowboyCrip; 07-07-2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Addition

Hi Norm,

Hope all is well with you.

Unfortunately, my ezlock bracket on my 646se and new Amy R3 have the bolt/pin in different areas.

This means we have to move tie down unit and stabilizer in my van - Something I was hoping to avoid.

Do you (or anyone here) know if ezlock bracket can be drilled to place the tie down pin in a different location?

Also, I need to ask my supplier, but do you know if your batteries come with a strap wrapped around them? It seems they are supposed to (see: step 4: http://amysystems.com/wp-content/upl...-24-EN-Web.pdf) but mine doesn't and they were a HUGE pain for my bracket guy to get out.
    Congrats, I didn't know you posted about your new AMY chair earlier. This forum never sends email notifications anymore. This board needs an upgrade.

You should be able to move the bracket where you need it. I had to flip my stabilizer bracket upside down on my chair, because it was hitting the EZ Lock box. EZ Lock is pissing me off because they don't seem to reply. AMY said EZ should take care of it because the EZ Lock is a 3rd party add on.

Rain hasn't been a problem.

Battery strap I don't know.

Does your stabilizer bracket clear the EZ lock box on the floor?

Last edited by Norm; 07-08-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Don't know about strap, don't thing mine has any. My Amy R3 HD is older with Group 24 batteries.
    My neighbor replaced the batteries and he had hard time, big time!! He had use a pry bar to get under batteries to get up to get over lip if sheetmetal lip. He first as was I sure Group 24's were for the AMY and not the set of 22NFs. Then when he put them in it he was sure happy it didn't have 24s, too!
    He loved putting U1s in Mama's old Merits!!!

OFF TOPIC: Anyone have old chair that they waste money on new batteries? I got him to take the old U1s off Mama's old Merits, since they still held a charge on a old PaceSaver in garage that batteries been dead for years. Put batteries in and she took off like a new again! Thinking about buying set new batteries for it since we use Transit as transportation now. They have hard time with bigger chairs vs room. My Edge is to long for one van to get all tie downs on it and AMY is to wide for lift on the one bus they have.

Here is a close up of my EZ Lock stabilizer bar. Its now upside down so it would fit over the EZ Lock box. Is anyone else's mount like this?

Last edited by Norm; 07-09-2019 at 09:32 PM.