Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amy rear wheel or hybrid -how is it holding up?

For fit the Edge. The Amy has good qualities but since don't fit right I lean and become uncomfortable quite quickly. Edge is more maneuverable due to overall width vs Amy. Amy with 24" seat width plus with Group 24 batteries hub to hub is a bit over 25" width.
    Speed though the Amy is bit faster and seems to handle road in our neighbor easier on me than Edge.
    If you have any chairs in mind I'd ask for demos in your usual area of use. Preferably with manufacture rep and go over all measurements with rep as well as options you need.
    We ever get around to attempt a new chair again I'm thinking I'll try Permobil F-3 and Quantum 4-Front. I use enjoy FWD chairs and like to demo those.
    Since you like RWD you might check out Permobil C350. Mama's last new chair is one and she loved the Corpus seating system but it's motors started leaking over year ago. That was when Tech said needed to replace chair that cost would not be worth repairing chair vs cost of new chair.
    Long story we gave up on the DME and Mama is using backup chair til we are up to tackling getting new chairs again or backup quits.
    "Good Luck!"

Hi Mike, what seating did your AMY come with? Mine came with the standard back which I did not care for but I feel most dme providers just order. Later tried a J3 and finally have a Acta Back deep.

I would probaby choose their NXT back or Corbeau now.

http://amysystems.com/options/

Hi Mike, what seating did your AMY come with? Mine came with the standard back which I did not care for but I feel most dme providers just order. Later tried a J3 and finally have a Acta Back deep.

I'm going to try a M300 Corpus HD.
    Last edited by Norm; 04-04-2018 at 05:11 PM.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyy View Post

I went with recommendations and might of worked better if not been ordered to wide. It is a contoured back. Figure due to age and cost they still want replace instead of repair. Cause that was what Tech that came out last year said.
    But, I admit it's alot of my own fault. I was use to our old DME and trusted his measurements/ordering cause he had done several for us. Since these were whole different set of techs APT and seating folks should have done more research and double checked the measurements before it was ordered. We sure miss our old DME!
    Last edited by MikeP2013; 04-04-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm going to try a M300 Corpus HD.
    Let us know how your Demo goes.
    Again, "Good Luck!"

6 years with the Alltrack R no serious issues at all. Rear wheels clatter at full speed if I hit stones on pavement. Generally pretty happy with it. Comfortable tilt/recline, wish it had articulating legrests.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP2013 View Post
    Let us know how your Demo goes.
    Again, "Good Luck!"
    They just delivered it yesterday & I wasn't home. Joystick is on the wrong side & I told them I was left handed & needed it set that way before delivery. So now I have to get someone to help move it.

I should know which chair I'm choosing in a few days. I just wonder if I should try an Amy mid-wheel? Are there any other chairs I should try? Is Pride any good?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

I decided against the Permo its to tight in my mini van.

New developments with my chair situation. Since I've been losing weight I'm now in the process of getting another Invacare Arrow Torque. If I can get a Tilt, Elevator & Recline. But it needs to fit under my Caravan steering wheel. My seat width is one inch to wide for an Invacare Elevator. So my Therapist & Dealer are asking AMY if they would be willing to put an Elevator on an Invacare & Motion concepts seat. If not then I may look at a Quantum Rear Wheel or try AMY one more time in the Van.