Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amy rear wheel or hybrid -how is it holding up?

I'm trying the Permo M3 now. It seems the Amy R Hybrid & M3 are my top two choices right now. I'm just wondering if I should try an Amy M series.

Do all the Mid-wheel chairs have that jerky motion because of the extra wheels? I'm starting to think about trying a Front wheel drive chair.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    Upon receiving the chair in late June, 2017, four things were immediately apparent.

1) This is not a RWD chair. The Amy is designed as a 6-wheel chair, and thus is a MWD chair. The drive wheels might be set a bit back to create better high-speed stability, but in every other way, this behaves like a MWD chair, only with poorer maneuverability.
    This is making me consider a Permo M3. There's no point in me getting an Amy R Hybrid if its really just a Midwheel chair.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

I'm back demoing an Amy R for 5 days. I like the way it moves compared to the Permo M3. So far much better on the grass. No rocking which is better for me when driving my Mini van. I really wanted a Permo but this chair is filling my check list fast.

I'm Burnt out . I like alot of the features on the Permo but the Rocking in the van was too much. I can't find a single video of anyone driving a van from a Permo. How are other Mid Wheel chairs when it come to driving a van do they rock too much? I have to make a decision pronto.

I finally did it tonight I ordered the AMY Systems Alltrack R3 Hybrid.

I found Quickies version. Does anyone know the relationship between the two companies?

http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/power-w...ickie-xplore-2

I believe the chairs are marked in Canada under the Quickie Xplore name. Have you had a demo yet? I notice that the chair is slightly longer than my old Torque SP.

Norm, "Congratulations!" of making your choice and hope it works out for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyy View Post
    I believe the chairs are marked in Canada under the Quickie Xplore name. Have you had a demo yet? I notice that the chair is slightly longer than my old Torque SP.
    I ain't bright fellow but that sounds like you hit it on the nail! Pictures and even videos are same, at least look same to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I found Quickies version. Does anyone know the relationship between the two companies?

http://www.sunrisemedical.ca/power-w...ickie-xplore-2
    I believe AmySystems was first just a manufacturer for Quickie chairs in Canada. Then they started designing their own chairs, using a lot of Quickie designed parts (like armrests, etc). I'm not sure what the actual relationship is now.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyy View Post
    Yes it goes back tomorrow.

Amy R Hybrid 35.8 x 23.3
    Invacare Torque shortbase is 30"x 25.5" longbase is 33"

Thanks Mike me too.