Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) for UTI prevention/treatment...

Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) for UTI prevention/treatment...

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a product called "MMS" (miracle mineral supplement) https://www.mms-supplement.com/ . From what I've read, this is supposed to be even better than antibiotics! I currently use Microcyn for my UTI prevention, but still get frequent UTIs because I am unable to hold it in long enough before autonomic dysreflexia kicks in and it is voided out my "Johnson" with a reflex of my bladder. So I did my own research, and off of everything I read MMS should do the trick. I have started using it as of 3 weeks ago. I had a infection and went hard on this stuff and it really helped! About a week ago, I just was too uncomfortable trying to figure out how to make this stuff more effective and gave in and went for the antibiotic "Bactrim". My urine is now clear and I feel good... However, I am so frightened to go back to being infected constantly! I have a much better relationship with my kids and family when I am not dealing with a UTI.

So I guess, I have two questions for everyone.

1. Anyone have experience with MMS?

2. Is it okay to be chronically infected with cloudy urine month after month, and year after year?

Thanks everyone! ? Keith

No experience with MMS. Will try to do a little research on it.

When you say chronically infected, what do you mean? Are you talking about being colonized or symptomatic. Colonization occurs everywhere that your body is exposed - o for example your skin is usually colonized with bacteria from your environment. That is generally considered ok. Symptomatic is not ok and the root of the problem needs to be eliminated, if possible. Treatment for a uti for someone with a neurgenic bladder includes a longer course of antibiotics, so you need to make sure that your healthcare provider understands this.

ckf
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

d-mannose powder seems very promising...
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Chronically infected by constantly having cloudy, smelly urine. Always feeling ants crawling around my "manhood". I will be antsy, always irritated and ... Feel real blue or depressed. Might sound weird but, it's been this way every time I am infected over the last 9 years. Either on antibiotics or feeling crummy... Not looking forward to these antibiotics running out! And just for the record, I hate taking antibiotics! They make me feel crummy in a whole different way.

Mize,
    I used to take Dmannose every three hours when I had the bacteria E. coli. It was very effective! It actually ridded that particular strain. From what I've read and experience, Dmannose is only effective against E. coli.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithSmith1985 View Post
    Chronically infected by constantly having cloudy, smelly urine. Always feeling ants crawling around my "manhood". I will be antsy, always irritated and ... Feel real blue or depressed. Might sound weird but, it's been this way every time I am infected over the last 9 years. Either on antibiotics or feeling crummy... Not looking forward to these antibiotics running out! And just for the record, I hate taking antibiotics! They make me feel crummy in a whole different way.

Mize,
    I used to take Dmannose every three hours when I had the bacteria E. coli. It was very effective! It actually ridded that particular strain. From what I've read and experience, Dmannose is only effective against E. coli.

Thanks for the clarification!
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

This is an article from the United States Department of Justice, office of Public Affairs.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/selle...l-miracle-cure

I don't understand how the website mentioned in the original post can be making the same claims as mentioned in the Department of Justice report and currently sell this stuff on line.

JUSTICE NEWS

Department of Justice
    Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seller of "Miracle Mineral Solution" Convicted for Marketing Toxic Chemical as a Miracle Cure

A federal jury in the Eastern District of Washington returned a guilty verdict yesterday against a Spokane, Washington, man for selling industrial bleach as a miracle cure for numerous diseases and illnesses, including cancer, AIDS, malaria, hepatitis, lyme disease, asthma and the common cold, the Department of Justice announced.

Louis Daniel Smith, 45, was convicted following a seven-day trial of conspiracy, smuggling, selling misbranded drugs and defrauding the United States. Evidence at trial showed that Smith operated a business called "Project GreenLife" (PGL) from 2007 to 2011. PGL sold a product called "Miracle Mineral Supplement," or MMS, over the Internet. MMS is a mixture of sodium chlorite and water. Sodium chlorite is an industrial chemical used as a pesticide and for hydraulic fracking and wastewater treatment. Sodium chlorite cannot be sold for human consumption and suppliers of the chemical include a warning sheet stating that it can cause potentially fatal side effects if swallowed.

"This verdict demonstrates that the Department of Justice will prosecute those who sell dangerous chemicals as miracle cures to sick people and their desperate loved ones," said Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Benjamin C. Mizer of the Justice Department's Civil Division. " Consumers have the right to expect that the medicines that they purchase are safe and effective." Mizer thanked the jury for its service and its careful consideration of the evidence.

The government presented evidence that Smith instructed consumers to combine MMS with citric acid to create chlorine dioxide, add water and drink the resulting mixture to cure numerous illnesses. Chlorine dioxide is a potent agent used to bleach textiles, among other industrial applications. Chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant that can cause nausea, diarrhea and dehydration. According to the instructions for use that Smith provided with his product, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting were all signs that the miracle cure was working. The instructions also stated that despite a risk of possible brain damage, the product might still be appropriate for pregnant women or infants who were seriously ill.

According to the evidence presented at trial, Smith created phony "water purification" and "wastewater treatment" businesses in order to obtain sodium chlorite and ship his MMS without being detected by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The government also presented evidence that Smith hid evidence from FDA inspectors and destroyed evidence while law enforcement agents were executing search warrants on his residence and business.

Before trial, three of Smith?s alleged co-conspirators, Chris Olson, Tammy Olson and Karis DeLong, Smith?s wife, pleaded guilty to introducing misbranded drugs into interstate commerce. Chris Olson, along with alleged co-conspirators Matthew Darjanny and Joseph Lachnit, testified at trial that Smith was the leader of PGL.

In all, the jury convicted Smith of one count of conspiracy to commit multiple crimes, three counts of introducing misbranded drugs into interstate commerce with intent to defraud or mislead and one count of fraudulently smuggling merchandise into the United States. The jury found Smith not guilty on one out of four of the misbranded drug counts. He faces a statutory maximum of 34 years in prison at his Sept. 9 sentencing.

The case was investigated by agents of the FDA's Office of Criminal Investigations and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. The case was prosecuted by Christopher E. Parisi and Timothy T. Finley of the Civil Division's Consumer Protection Branch in Washington, D.C.

Topic(s):
    Consumer Protection

Component(s):
    Civil Division

Press Release Number:
    15-687

Last edited by gjnl; 03-22-2018 at 01:56 PM.

The man who encourages the sick and dying to drink industrial bleach
    written by Martin Robbins in The Guardian

When 15-year-old Rhys Morgan was diagnosed with Crohn's disease a few months ago he turned to the internet for help, and came across the Crohn's Disease Forum, a website offering support to patients. "I was looking for a support forum, a community of people with same illness as me and some on the same meds as me."

He followed the site for a while and noticed a disturbing undercurrent of people trying to push alternative medicines to members. One product in particular was called Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), and its website claimed it cured cancer, Aids, malaria, and basically most things short of actual death.

Curious to know more about it, Rhys decided to Google it, and came across the following US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warning:
    "The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration."

In other words, MMS is extremely nasty stuff, and the medical advice given is that anyone who has this product should stop using it immediately and throw it away. In Canada it was banned after causing a life-threatening reaction.

Intrigued, Rhys returned to the MMS website and found some helpful instructions: "Basically, after making it up, you take a few drops of it. You judge if you're getting better by how nauseous you feel after taking it. Seriously."

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ons-mms-bleach

Quote Originally Posted by KeithSmith1985 View Post
    Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a product called "MMS" (miracle mineral supplement) https://www.mms-supplement.com/ . From what I've read, this is supposed to be even better than antibiotics! I currently use Microcyn for my UTI prevention, but still get frequent UTIs because I am unable to hold it in long enough before autonomic dysreflexia kicks in and it is voided out my "Johnson" with a reflex of my bladder. So I did my own research, and off of everything I read MMS should do the trick. I have started using it as of 3 weeks ago. I had a infection and went hard on this stuff and it really helped! About a week ago, I just was too uncomfortable trying to figure out how to make this stuff more effective and gave in and went for the antibiotic "Bactrim". My urine is now clear and I feel good... However, I am so frightened to go back to being infected constantly! I have a much better relationship with my kids and family when I am not dealing with a UTI.

So I guess, I have two questions for everyone.

1. Anyone have experience with MMS?

2. Is it okay to be chronically infected with cloudy urine month after month, and year after year?

Thanks everyone! ? Keith
    When you feel you have a urinary tract infection, do you have urinalysis (UA) and culture & sensitivity (C&S) lab tests? Do you test positive for a urinary tract infection (UTI) or colonization?

When I have had symptoms of a urinary tract infection (none for years now), my physician orders a UA and no matter how the UA turns out, a C&S to be done at the same. What many doctors consider a bacteria count too low to treat with antibiotics may not be applicable to our complex urinary tract infections, and we need to be treated even though the bacteria count may indicate a negative result on the UA. The C&S will show growth and antibiotics that are appropriate. But, it is essential, that you are tested each time you are symptomatic of a UTI. If you get a positive result and recommendations for an antibiotic, be sure you are getting a longer course of antibiotics than for a simple UTI. A course of antibiotics for complex UTIs is 12-14 days. After the course is completed, you need to wait a couple days, then have another specimen of urine tested with the UA and C&S. If there are latent bacteria present, you may need another course of the original drug or an appropriate option.

If you continue to have frequent and recurring UTIs, consult with an infectious disease (ID) physician. I think ID docs are far more adept at managing infections and antibiotics than other physicians.

What bacteria is generally the cause of your UTIs? If it is e. coli, you might try d-mannose. Many folks on this site have had good luck with it.

I'm not sure why you can't retain Microcyn. Some of us however start to have spasms if we retain it too long and that can cause urine to flow from the urethra. You can try a couple of things...1. dilute Microcyn with saline. If you use 30cc Microcyn, try 25cc Microcyn and 5cc saline. Retain for 3-5 minutes and drain or use a syringe to gently, slowly aspirate the solution from the bladder. Before instilling Microcyn turn on your side to help the catheter drain or use a syringe to gently, slowly aspirate urine from the bladder and then instill Microcyn.

Have you looked at any of the threads that mention gentamicin? Gentamicin requires a prescription from your doctor. Here is a recent thread. http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ght=gentamicin

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

It's Chlorine bleach

It's Chlorine bleach! I put my hands in lots of things, but would not in this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlori...Pseudomedicine