Thread: Power wheelchair/truck combo

Power wheelchair/truck combo

I am looking at trucks and power wheelchairs again. I really like the ATC for trucks. A truck is a must. I like the way the ATC works. Is there anything similar to it that I should be looking at?

The wheelchair is what I have been unable to find. I live in the middle of nowhere so a regular Permobil wheelchair just doesn?t work for me. I need something that can go but also be able to drive from. I really like the 30?? TracFab but I?m not sure you can get it in the truck lift. Y?all know of anything that may work better? Any ideas?

I am mainly in a manual chair, but for all my offroading stuff, I love my Frontier X5 I've had for years. They now call it a V6, but basically the same chair. Mine is mid-wheel drive with knobby wide tires, they now can set the axle for FWD, MWD, RWD, kinda interesting. Also saw that have an optional retractable EZlock bolt for docking in vehicle, that's a good idea.

If photobucket hadn't screwed everybody over and blocked 3rd party hosting, I'd link you to my threads and pics. I've taken it up/down some spooky hills, been thru mud, gravel, pretty much everywhere I've wanted to go. It fits on the ramp of my minivan so might fit the lift of the truck. I transfer into drivers seat after I back it into the van so can't comment on driving from it.

http://www.mobility-usa.com/home.html
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    I am looking at trucks and power wheelchairs again. I really like the ATC for trucks. A truck is a must. I like the way the ATC works. Is there anything similar to it that I should be looking at?

The wheelchair is what I have been unable to find. I live in the middle of nowhere so a regular Permobil wheelchair just doesn?t work for me. I need something that can go but also be able to drive from. I really like the 30?? TracFab but I?m not sure you can get it in the truck lift. Y?all know of anything that may work better? Any ideas?
    Check with ATC. 2 wheel drive pickups have many more wheelchair options than 4 wheel drive. 2500 series 4 wheel drives are even more difficult to fit wheelchairs in.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    I am mainly in a manual chair, but for all my offroading stuff, I love my Frontier X5 I've had for years. They now call it a V6, but basically the same chair. Mine is mid-wheel drive with knobby wide tires, they now can set the axle for FWD, MWD, RWD, kinda interesting. Also saw that have an optional retractable EZlock bolt for docking in vehicle, that's a good idea.

If photobucket hadn't screwed everybody over and blocked 3rd party hosting, I'd link you to my threads and pics. I've taken it up/down some spooky hills, been thru mud, gravel, pretty much everywhere I've wanted to go. It fits on the ramp of my minivan so might fit the lift of the truck. I transfer into drivers seat after I back it into the van so can't comment on driving from it.

http://www.mobility-usa.com/home.html
    Thanks Mcduff. I will check that out. I got to find something that will go, this Permobil just doesn’t get it done around the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Check with ATC. 2 wheel drive pickups have many more wheelchair options than 4 wheel drive. 2500 series 4 wheel drives are even more difficult to fit wheelchairs in.
    Ok I will. I hope it will work with 4wd. 2wd is as useless as tits on a bore hog around here.

If you got about $30k you can get one of those Life Essential lifts that fit on a flatbed. That way you're not bound to a stupid high priced converted truck that is worthless once you're done with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ-MUlfyT9Q
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

It would make one helluva deer stand!

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post
    If you got about $30k you can get one of those Life Essential lifts that fit on a flatbed. That way you're not bound to a stupid high priced converted truck that is worthless once you're done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4sake View Post
    It would make one helluva deer stand!
    Damn right. That is a hoss!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck View Post

Man that is what I want but I can’t transfer so it kinda knocks that in the head.