Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the closest thing to a Tilite TR out there... can't be titanium cause of ins

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Quickie Titanium is in that weight range. Like you say, no perceivable difference in pushing but a huge difference when transferring it into the car. Save the shoulders!

Yeah, true. The old Ti was about that light. Had some catastrophic failures though. A few posted here. I think they may have pushed the wall thickness a bit too thin. It flexed like crazy, too. I had one, given to me by a friend when he upgraded after ~3 years of use. Axle plates cracked shortly after I got it. Left a bad taste in my mouth re: quickie. Dumped me onto the ground ~2 miles from my car and 15 miles from home. That day sucked!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

I was on vacation in North Carolina a thousand miles from home when my axle broke. That was also a quickie. Fortunately my friend was able to have it welded at midnight. I was really expecting him to come back with some cheap pharmacy chair. But he came through. Later that same vacation we were on a boat when the captain offer me the wheel. The waters were getting rough so I gave the wheel back to him. I'm very glad I did that. Because a few minutes later he crashed the boat onto some rocks. The coast guard came with guns drawn. It's hard enough getting into a boat. I had to get into another boat from a boat. We were in Cape Fear. Now I know why they call it that.

This was 25 years ago when I took a lot of chances. I'll never let a fat woman sit on my lap again. My weight plus hers was 400 pounds. The axle wasn't that strong. At a later date a doctor looking at x-rays on my femur said that I had fractured it at some point. She probably did that too. My lap now has a 125 pound weight limit.
    Last edited by August West; 03-21-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Have you looked at Per4max chairs? I was really considering getting one. They are aluminum and I'm pretty sure Medicare will pay for it. If you are wanting a minimally adjustable chair that Medicare will pay for his may be the best or only option.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    hey thanks.
    I never knew Per4max made everyday chairs.. I knew they made sports chairs.
    I'm not quite ready to commit to NO adjustment at all.. and need the folding back.

Have to watch out for someone in an Everyday Per4max chair.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    Have you looked at Per4max chairs? I was really considering getting one. They are aluminum and I'm pretty sure Medicare will pay for it. If you are wanting a minimally adjustable chair that Medicare will pay for his may be the best or only option.

They do have a folding back option.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    thanks .. yeah ..
    I like being able to change my back angle and the simplicity of being able to slide the axle along the lower frame tube for center of gravity adjustment of the TR design.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    They do have a folding back option.

Hmm, I'm not sure what chair would work best for you then.