Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the closest thing to a Tilite TR out there... can't be titanium cause of ins

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

What is the closest thing to a Tilite TR out there... can't be titanium cause of ins

Was hoping to replace my current TR with a New one, better fitted to me with ERGO seating, but insurance doesn't seem to work like it did 6 years ago... No titanium and Tilite doesn't make an aluminum copy of the TR dammit.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...tions-for-2018

The TR worked really well for me, especially the box frame, and the way the axle slides back and forth along the lower frame to adjust center of gravity, excellent for when I swap out wheels etc.

PT and DME are totally absent without leave.. so looking for any input.... cheers.

An Aero T is an aluminum TR

Blog Entries
    Aero T is close, but includes more adjustments. Top End Terminator in aluminum is also very close.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Aero T is close, but includes more adjustments. Top End Terminator in aluminum is also very close.
    How about the Lasher? Do you have one Oddity? Is the magnesium axle strong enough to support a SmartDrive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    How about the Lasher? Do you have one Oddity? Is the magnesium axle strong enough to support a SmartDrive?
    Yeah, I have 2. It's mostly Aluminum with a bit a Mg alloyed in. Plenty strong as far as I know. Not a box frame like the Tr though. Cantilever.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Very light. As far as I know, the only lighter wheelchair is the Pantera, which is not customized. But if it's aluminum it needs paint, which will get scratched and look ugly. Nothing is perfect.

thank you... but I'm really after the least adjustment.. and I really like the center of gravity adjustment of sliding the axle along the lower frame bar TR style..
    Doesn't seem Tilite are open to do the TR in Aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrog View Post
    An Aero T is an aluminum TR

That Top End Terminator looks good.. thank you.
    Pretty much just what I am looking for.
    No experience with Invacare ... A separate post for peoples experience with invacare and the Top End Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Very light. As far as I know, the only lighter wheelchair is the Pantera, which is not customized. But if it's aluminum it needs paint, which will get scratched and look ugly. Nothing is perfect.
    Yeah, I have a thread here from when I got my first one, with pics of me weighing it. Fully featured, meaning all equipment and cushion ready to roll (including side guards, D's Locks, Frog Legs) and it was 21.5lbs. Removing the locks, side guards, and using roller blade casters and a light Stimulite Sport cushion it is 17.5. That is insanely light.

Ive never seen anyone prove a chair (with pics on a scale like I did) that is lighter, with as many features. Stephen212 came very close with his custom ZR, at 22.5lbs, iirc.

Frankly I don't notice a difference when pushing, between it and my 30lb Icon. The geometry of the Icon makes for an incredibly nimble chair, and 5-10lbs difference, considering that's like only 5% of me + the chair, is imperceptible.

Loading into the car, however, is where it matters. It's like a feather vs a boulder!

Lashers are AZ61 tube, or 63, iirc, and are powder coated.

Quickie Titanium is in that weight range. Like you say, no perceivable difference in pushing but a huge difference when transferring it into the car. Save the shoulders!