Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to Advertise accessible vehicle

Best place to Advertise accessible vehicle

Still relatively new to the site. Can anyone please direct me to the best place to list my van for sale?

Shawo - One good venue for accessible vehicles is disableddealer.com.

Agree with disabled dealer. Can't hurt to try craigslist since it's free, and eBay is another possibility. Other worthwhile possibilities are local rehab centers near you. They often have email notices for items for sale.

You can post it here in the Exchange forum called "Equipment and Services" (not in this forum).

Other options include:
    Craig's List
    eBay
    DisabledDealer.com (not free)

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Thank you guys so much for the quick responses. I will Check out the Exchange forum and DisabledDealer.com as I already knew about the other two. Wish me luck!

I had success with ebay Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    I had success with ebay Motors.
    Had several bad experiences with Ebay in the past on other items.

blvd.com too

how would I locate rehab centers I tried sshepards they said no but I found some in fl al
    Last edited by vjls; 03-19-2018 at 09:46 PM.

You can find CARF accredited rehab facilities in their website (CARF.org). Call the facility and ask for the case management or social work office, and let them know you have a used van for sale. Ask them if they will allow you to post a flyer, or pass your contact information on to their newly disabled clients/families. Many need a van, but cannot afford a new one.

If you are near a VA SCI Center, contact the PVA chapter office that covers this center. They may run an ad in their newsletter or have a bulletin board available for such ads. Non-service connected SCI veterans have very limited benefits when it comes to adapting/purchasing a van.

Centers like Shepherd Center may not do this, because most of their patients are well funded (have good insurance and better resources available to them) unlike some of the smaller centers.

You can also contact the local chapter offices for organizations like the National MS Society, United Spinal, or the Muscular Dystrophy Association, as they may also offer ads in their newsletters or know of members who are in the market for a new van.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You can find CARF accredited rehab facilities in their website (CARF.org). Call the facility and ask for the case management or social work office, and let them know you have a used van for sale. Ask them if they will allow you to post a flyer, or pass your contact information on to their newly disabled clients/families. Many need a van, but cannot afford a new one.

If you are near a VA SCI Center, contact the PVA chapter office that covers this center. They may run an ad in their newsletter or have a bulletin board available for such ads. Non-service connected SCI veterans have very limited benefits when it comes to adapting/purchasing a van.

Centers like Shepherd Center may not do this, because most of their patients are well funded (have good insurance and better resources available to them) unlike some of the smaller centers.

(KLD)
    thank you I was lucky just had got blue shield in 2001 when I got this I will tomorrow thank you agin