Thread: Hyundai Veloster

Hyundai Veloster

Anyone drive one of these? I am a recent injury, have been driving my 2005 4-door pontiac sunfire sedan for about 2 weeks with portable hand controls and I need something better. This car is too damn small and crap for a wheelchair user, lol.

I have been looking at some vehicles, the one I was mostly interested in was VW golf, but the used car dealership had just sold it when I arrived (figures). Instead they showed me the Hyuandi Veloster. I took it for a test drive with my portable controls and must say I'm impressed. Was easy to drive, I was able to get my chair in easily (i guess anything is easy if you can get it into a sunfire).

I like the hatchback because when i've got my girlfriend or anyone with me they can just throw my chair in the hatch. The back passenger side door is good for people to get into the back seat, and the one door on the driver side is good because it is very large and opens very wide. Transfer is pretty easy, height is very similar to my WC height and the seat can be pumped up/down.

The car is pretty nice looking, anyone drive one? Opinions?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    complete t6. injured skiing nov 2017.

Looks great!

(((Hope all is well)))

Jenn
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Learn something new every day, I thought those were 4 doors. But a 2 door, door, on the driver's side is definitely on the right track with no door post blocking things. If you like it, seems like a winner

Rear window vision might not be so good?

UPDATE: I bought it.

Excellent! Freedom!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by sflo0 View Post
    UPDATE: I bought it.
    Congrats!
    I can't comment on the Veloster, but I have owned 4 Hyundais so far and never had any major problems. Their after-sales service has also always been excellent.
    T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Love the 3-door feature. I was thinking of restoring my 2001 Monte Carlo.But I may trade it for this car. Makes it easier for other people and my dog.

Excellent! We have 3 Hyundai and no probs. Good to learn of your success with this model.