Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seattle

Hi, can anyone recommend a medical equipment rental company in the Seattle area that I could rent a patient lift for a week?

Also, looking for recommendations for accessible van rentals for a day or two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    Hi, can anyone recommend a medical equipment rental company in the Seattle area that I could rent a patient lift for a week?

Also, looking for recommendations for accessible van rentals for a day or two.

Thanks

FYI: Van rentals can be pretty $$$ most have a pickup and delivery charge $50-$75, rental fee of $130+ per day plus miles over 100, plus gas.

Also in playing with Uber looks like limited cars avail so when no cars are available it refers you to Yellow cab.206.622.6500.

http://www.wheelchairgetaways.com/fr...monds/home.htm

http://www.accessams.com/

https://www.accessmedicalequipment.com/

https://www.americanmedicalrental.com/

https://locations.scootaround.com/seattle

Just returned today from my trip to Seattle. Had a nice time, wish I had more time to visit the surrounding areas. I was impressed by the bus system. Surprised by the hills in and around the city. Yellow cabs gets a big “F” in my book. Stood us up 3 times. Almost missed our flight this morning because of them. Arrived as the plane was boarding. We had taken the light rail from the airport on arrival, but on return needed to get to the airport earlier than the train would start. Ended up having to take it anyway. Curb cuts were sometimes oddly located and sketchy, except in the tech boom building area, where they were pristine.

Also, UberWav was not available.

Our hotel, the Kimpton Alexis was great. The rooms were large, and there was 6 inches of clearance between the bed frame/floor, so no issues with using a lift. The hotel was conveniently located, particularly for getting to the waterfront. Sometimes going toward 3rd avenue would require a detour of a block or two to find a less steep hill, but not a real inconvenience.
    Last edited by landrover; 09-16-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Just returned today from my trip to Seattle. Had a nice time, wish I had more time to visit the surrounding areas. I was impressed by the bus system. Surprised by the hills in and around the city. Yellow cabs gets a big ?F? in my book. Stood us up 3 times. Almost missed our flight this morning because of them. Arrived as the plane was boarding. We had taken the light rail from the airport on arrival, but on return needed to get to the airport earlier than the train would start. Ended up having to take it anyway. Curb cuts were sometimes oddly located and sketchy, except in the tech boom building area, where they were pristine.

Also, UberWav was not available.

Our hotel, the Kimpton Alexis was great. The rooms were large, and there was 6 inches of clearance between the bed frame/floor, so no issues with using a lift. The hotel was conveniently located, particularly for getting to the waterfront. Sometimes going toward 3rd avenue would require a detour of a block or two to find a less steep hill, but not a real inconvenience.
    Sounds like a fun trip. Well besides the yellow cab problems. The hotel sounds like a perfect place to stay. What was the weather like this time of the year? We want to go out that way someday.

I was cold almost the whole time. Of course, anything under 75* will do that to me. It was in the mid-60s. Showers were forecast for every day, but we ended up having partly cloudy skies every day.

I was cold almost the whole time. Of course, anything under 75* will do that to me. It was in the mid-60s. Showers were forecast for every day, but we ended up having partly cloudy skies every day.
    I'm the same way. I do not like cold weather. If I get a chill it takes forever to warm back up.

It'd be one thing if I was acclimated to it, but I went from 90s to 60s in a matter of hours.

It'd be one thing if I was acclimated to it, but I went from 90s to 60s in a matter of hours.
    Yeah it can get cold there the trick is to layer up and blanket on your lap..we have a cool fold up in my backpack in case its gets cold.

Anytime you are going from one location to another always take a opposite weather set of clothes, hoody, light gloves, scarf, even hand warmers.

We leave next month and it will still be 90s here and my guess is 60 there and 50s at night and by the water even colder.

How was the lighrail from the airport?

I dont know if I showed you before you left but most cabs company's have apps so where Uber Wav is not available apps let you see where your can is.

But before someone uses the app make sure the WC vans cabs are part of the app.

I talked to the manager this morning and they have 36 wheelchair van covering Seattle and outlining county's.

He didnt see any reason for you not picked up and asked if you call dispatch to find out where your van was when they didn't pick you up?

http://seattleyellowcab.com/get-the-...ab-mobile-app/

Driver Superintendent : 206-343-4381

The lightrail from the airport worked fine. We got off at the University St. station, which was just a couple of blocks from our hotel. Plus, it's inexpensive.

Yes, I had the yellowcab app. We tried booking through the app, and then called to follow up as the time got closer. We received the same responses each time: "we currently don't have any drivers available", or "it will be 2-3 hours". The hotel said they have had little success with yellowcab, which is why Uber is so prominent there. This of course is no help to us.