Thread: Proper technique for building muscle

Proper technique for building muscle

I have an Uppertone and I am looking to build muscle. What is the best way to do that? I'm assuming pick a weight that I can do with full range of motion, and gradually increase? How about reps/sets? How about rest days? Should I not do any work out on those days?

I use a lot of free weights. You will build muscle much faster than machines. Start with a comfortable weight and increase. I alternate heavy weight days and light days. Heavy days I go only reps of 6-8 but always work with four sets. I have done it for years. Light days I do reps of 10-12 for each set. I usually do 16-20 sets for day. Four to five different exercises. I do concentrate on body parts like shoulders, chest, arms in those categories. Wish you well and best of luck. I know there are some amazing body builders like Gino and others who have get tips too.

What type of exercises do you do? Are they wrist weights?

to build bulk i like 5x5 but its hard on the shoulders so i do same as joe, alternating my workouts between light and heavy days.
    i use an uppertone(modded to hold more weight-heavier cables and pullies and weight stack extended) lat pull down machine, dumbells and kettlbells with lifting hooks to use. my newest machine is the concept7 skierg. amazing machine.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 03-14-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I use mainly free dumbbell weights. Kettle bells work good too. Use what works good for you without getting hurt. That is the key in our condition. Best of luck. I don't use wrist weights. I do wrist exercises on a flat bench with dumb-bells and curl them up.

You have to specify how much time you will have every day and the equipment you are using.