Thread: Voice controlled Bridge on Mac

Voice controlled Bridge on Mac

Does anyone know of a way to play Bridge on a Mac using your voice as the primary way of playing? It seems it would be pretty easy to just say "Play the 9 of hearts", etc. if such software exists.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Dragon Dictate can be used to control the Mac,you would need to use custom commands but I have no idea how you might implement for a bridge software

I don't play Bridge so I don't know how complicated the workflow is but if you don't have Dragon there are a couple of ways to try it using your existing Mac OS. If you are running Sierra or High Sierra Siri is available to try but you would need to create custom commands. Try a search for "using Siri on Sierra/High Sierra with third party applications." I know Apple has opened up the iOS for this purpose on iPhones/iPads but I don't know about the OS on desktops.

You could also use the Dictate preference in Accessibility combined with the Automator application to create custom workflows for Bridge. Again custom commands would need to be created. I have an old Macbook running an old Mac OS and even I can use Automator to create custom commands on this old POS. The following are very sketchy directions but I'm sure you'll find all kinds of detailed instructions with a Google search.

1. First, name your command, this is the command you will say to run the Automator workflow you will create for a step in Bridge.
    2. Then press the ?Record? button to create a Watch Me Do Item and then do the task in your Bridge software. (If you record extra steps you can highlight the step you don't need and hit backspace to delete.)

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    I don't play Bridge so I don't know how complicated the workflow is but if you don't have Dragon there are a couple of ways to try it using your existing Mac OS. If you are running Sierra or High Sierra Siri is available to try but you would need to create custom commands. Try a search for "using Siri on Sierra/High Sierra with third party applications." I know Apple has opened up the iOS for this purpose on iPhones/iPads but I don't know about the OS on desktops.

You could also use the Dictate preference in Accessibility combined with the Automator application to create custom workflows for Bridge. Again custom commands would need to be created. I have an old Macbook running an old Mac OS and even I can use Automator to create custom commands on this old POS. The following are very sketchy directions but I'm sure you'll find all kinds of detailed instructions with a Google search.

1. First, name your command, this is the command you will say to run the Automator workflow you will create for a step in Bridge.
    2. Then press the ?Record? button to create a Watch Me Do Item and then do the task in your Bridge software. (If you record extra steps you can highlight the step you don't need and hit backspace to delete.)
    I'm trying to figure this out for a friend. I haven't played too much with Dragon, but it seems to me that the custom controls would best work for mousing based on screen position. The problem with bridge, as with most card games is that your hand of cards could contain any cards in any order. I can't see how Dragon could be told to play a specific card based on its value. I'll have to look at the online game he currently uses. It might be possible to set up, something like "play 1st card", but that might end up being a lot of work to set up, and I really don't know how much longer my friend has (he is in hospice). I was really hoping to find some gaming software that already had built in voice recognition.
    C-6/7 incomplete