Thread: Hyperactive spasms

Hyperactive spasms

Hi. My spasms have been growingly hyperactive over the past few months, when I lie down I begin bicycle kicking and my spasms press so hard I can barely breathe for a few seconds. The slightest touch or movement will trigger them, particularly when I am lying down.

I have:

1). Had an endoscopy last week. Slight gastritis but otherwise clean. He prescribed a gastric protector, Zoltom for 14 days, today is my 12th.
    2). Had a full check up in November including abdominal ultrasound, blood work, cardiac holter, chest xray, etc. all well.
    3). Had a cystoscopy last February (2017). All well.
    4). Have non symptomatic colonizarion of my bladder. I think that is pretty common for me.
    5). Virtual colonoscopy was done 2 1/2 years ago. Regular colonoscopy is difficult as I have a redundant and very enlarged sigmoid, I am always bloaded with gas an do not pass gas as easy as I did before. I pass gas mostly when I go to the bathroom and at night lying down to one side, either side.

i take 20 mg of baclofen a day, aldactone and metropolone (sp) and renitec for high blood pressure.

My doctors have no input.

Any thoughts r suggestions are welcome.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

I don't have anything diagnostic to suggest, just want to say that I go through long periods where the same happens to me, and then mysteriously it lets up (so far) - it seems to be cyclical, but I can't identify triggers. The breathing component is really scary. When I'm sitting up in bed, just reaching for something will trigger a big wave and it really hurts - it feels like bones could break. I put off moving for as long as possible, knowing what will happen. And then at some point it lightens up and goes back to what I've been used to (again, no triggers that I can spot) - I hope a period of relief happens for you.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

I hope so. I cannot identify triggers either, have counted out and investigated the main possible culprits. I am about to treat a asymptomatic UTI. Perhaps that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    I don't have anything diagnostic to suggest, just want to say that I go through long periods where the same happens to me, and then mysteriously it lets up (so far) - it seems to be cyclical, but I can't identify triggers. The breathing component is really scary. When I'm sitting up in bed, just reaching for something will trigger a big wave and it really hurts - it feels like bones could break. I put off moving for as long as possible, knowing what will happen. And then at some point it lightens up and goes back to what I've been used to (again, no triggers that I can spot) - I hope a period of relief happens for you.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Yes, maybe that's it - good chance it is. I hope treatment resolves things.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

What about weather? Has that changed in any extreme fashion for you, as of late? That seems to be a cause of spasms for me.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8