Thread: Ceiling track lifts vs. Standard patient lifts

Ceiling track lifts vs. Standard patient lifts

As I explore the idea of buying a house, one thing I've often thought of is the idea of having a ceiling track lift installed. But the more I thought of it, the more I question the benefits. Since I would still be dependent upon others to operate and position me in bed/wheelchair/shower chair, there would be no independence gained by using a ceiling track for myself. Then of course I would be confined by the location of the track system. Can someone share the benefits of a ceiling track lift that I might be overlooking?

Ceiling track will keep the room more clutter free, as a floor model lift won't be necessary. Also, a ceiling track lift will be much more flexible with anything that the rolling model may not fit under. It is more expensive.

It is also best used when your locations do not change. For instance, other rooms or in the case of an emergency fall out of the chair in another location.

Easier for the user.

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    As I explore the idea of buying a house, one thing I've often thought of is the idea of having a ceiling track lift installed. But the more I thought of it, the more I question the benefits. Since I would still be dependent upon others to operate and position me in bed/wheelchair/shower chair, there would be no independence gained by using a ceiling track for myself. Then of course I would be confined by the location of the track system. Can someone share the benefits of a ceiling track lift that I might be overlooking?
    We have both and hands down the ceiling lift is our choice. Like what has already been mentioned less clutter, don't need under bed clearance, is easier to use etc. The portable lift works great on trips. But when we stayed at the Bellagio in Vegas and they had a ceiling lift in the room it life so much easier.