Thread: windows 8 reinstall

windows 8 reinstall

long story short. i want to reinstall win 8. ebay has a lot of cd's that i find confusing. https://www.ebay.com
    do all i need is this. Windows-8-1-All-Versions-32-amp-64-bit-Reinstall-Recovery-Repair-DVD.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

Don't buy a disk join https://www.eightforums.com/ and ask they will help get a disk for free if you have the key from the pc.

Why buying the CD to reinstall the windows. You can choose to recover your PC that will get you a completely cleaned up PC without getting a CD. Simple go to setting and look for the Update & Recovery option you will get further options.

Quote Originally Posted by tvot View Post
    long story short. i want to reinstall win 8. ebay has a lot of cd's that i find confusing. https://www.ebay.com
    do all i need is this. Windows-8-1-All-Versions-32-amp-64-bit-Reinstall-Recovery-Repair-DVD.

Why go to an backwards to an old operating system?

https://www.techradar.com/news/windo...icking-in-2018

Well here is what I did yesterday. Stop here but no response. So I order Windows 10 pro for $45. It seems legit. I was going to search for that Windows 10 upgrade but no can do. The problem I have is EXE.files will not launch. So it seemed to aggravating to fix. I called pc repair they said 45 to 95 to fix. BTW I did do a roll back to a restore point no joy DAMIT!
    i
    Bob Seger

Well here is what I did yesterday. Stop here but no response. So I order Windows 10 pro for $45. It seems legit. I was going to search for that Windows 10 upgrade but no can do. The problem I have is EXE.files will not launch. So it seemed to aggravating to fix. I called pc repair they said 45 to 95 to fix. BTW I did do a roll back to a restore point no joy DAMIT!
    i
    Hey what's going on tvot?

Anyways how are you installing this windows 10, from within windows or from the DOS prompt. sometimes if there are issues installing a new windows OS from with in windows in this case install from the DOS prompt, this is done by getting into the system BIOS and selecting boot from cd when starting. if you need info. on how to boot from cd just let me know, if so please indicate what type of pc or laptop or whatever your using.

God Bless

john k

Quote Originally Posted by jkizer View Post
    Hey what's going on tvot?

Anyways how are you installing this windows 10, from within windows or from the DOS prompt. sometimes if there are issues installing a new windows OS from with in windows in this case install from the DOS prompt, this is done by getting into the system BIOS and selecting boot from cd when starting. if you need info. on how to boot from cd just let me know, if so please indicate what type of pc or laptop or whatever your using.

God Bless

john k
    "BIOS and selecting boot from cd " Yes I have this quite a few times.
    Bob Seger

If it all possible stay away from windows 10
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Well, I guess it is possible that the cd you have is bad but you can confirm on another pc system if you have. I agree with the post below your, I'm more of a fan of windows 8 than windows 10.

Have a Bless day.

john k

there is another thing you can try if you don't mind losing your existing OS, you may already be familiar with but you can delete your existing partition with FDISK and creating a new fat32 partition, then formatting it/ then try booting from DOS prompt again. Regardless of what OS you have it is possible to install WIN 10 as long as you have enough RAM, disk space, it's sometimes a little bit more tricky if there's an existing OS.
    Good luck.

john k