Thread: Frog legs work on metric ZRA?

Frog legs work on metric ZRA?

I'm sure this is an old question but couldn't find the answers in search.
    I finally saved up enough money to put Frog Legs forks on my 1yr old ZRA (sorry don't know if thats a ZRA2 or 3) because Tilites suspension forks were too expensive when I built it. I emailed Frog Legs and they said because of Tilite going metric they won't work on my chair. I don't know enough about FL's to know if it's just a different screw I need or if the whole thing won't work? If they don't work does anyone have suggestions on suspension forks that will? I have allodynia, and my current setup is miserable.
    TIA
    -FWS

I recently ordered a chair and they couldn't do it.

After 14 months waiting (Medicare) I finally got my AEROZ aluminum chair, ordered with FrogsLegs.
    At Kessler, they showed me that they had the FrogsLegs but were unable to install them because they were now "metric".
    As far as I could see, that meant that the mounting bolt was metric where previously it was 1/4 NF
    So metric implies M6 1.0, perhaps M7 1.0; I could handle that at home, but they insisted on delivering the chair with standard casters and having FrogsLegs provide an upgraded part which they will deliver and install at home.
    I certainly hope the rest of the "metric" deal is only hardware and not different stem diameter or something.
    What a PITA this stuff is!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I could handle that at home, but they insisted on delivering the chair with standard casters and having FrogsLegs provide an upgraded part which they will deliver and install at home.
    I certainly hope the rest of the "metric" deal is only hardware and not different stem diameter or something.
    What a PITA this stuff is!
    Pfcs49, Congratulations on getting your new baby! Can you clarify, did Frog Legs tell your DME an upgraded metric part exists?
    Thank you,
    -FWS

The annoying thing, to me, on the TiLite casters is they do not use the standard skateboard bearing (608) which is very popular.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Fallingwithstyle View Post
    Pfcs49, Congratulations on getting your new baby! Can you clarify, did Frog Legs tell your DME an upgraded metric part exists?
    Thank you,
    -FWS
    AFAIK the DME was going to put the ball in Frogslegs court. Does anyone know if the stem diameter changed between early and metric frames?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

I would assume it's the fork stem bolt that has changed to metric. If it were just the axle bolt you could just run Froglegs EPIC softrolls instead of the Tilite wheel. They're much nicer anyway. I recently had them change out my Frogleg forks at the abilities expo with their new Phase-Two forks which are are big improvement over their old ones. They're made of a carbon fiber material with twice the strength and the polymer is better too. Frogleg fork stem is 1/2-20 thread.

https://froglegsinc.com/collections/...ucts/phase-tw0