Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power outage

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    We have a XPower Powerpack 1500. Here is a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpSra3p0Og

The XPower Powerpack 1500 is a portable power system that produces household electricity for products rated at 1500 watts or less. A clean and quiet alternative to a generator, the XPower Powerpack integrates a 60 Amp/hour AGM battery with a 1500-watt inverter and produces a 3000-watt surge. This system is built to run a range of appliances such as a standard size refrigerator and microwave oven, and office equipment such as a computer, monitor, and fax machine.

The XPower Powerpack 1500 is designed for ultimate portability.

A convenient design feature allows for easy set-up of the cart.

The XPower Powerpack 1500 consists of a battery pack that stores electrical energy, state-of-the-art electronics that convert 12 volts from the battery pack to household power, an AC power panel that contains two standard outlets, and a DC power panel that is used to run 12 volt products. These components are packaged into a rugged "cart" with a removable waist handle that allows XPower Powerpack 1500 to be wheeled from room-to-room or outdoors over rough terrain.An excellent alternative to a generator, the XPower Powerpack produces no noise or fumes and has no moving parts. With the accessories provided, you can easily recharge the XPower Powerpack using standard utility power from your wall outlet, your vehicle, or from a solar panel.
    The XPower Powerpack can be used to produce power for numerous applications. For power emergencies it can run essential appliances like refrigerators, cordless/mobile phones, radios, fireplace fans, table lamps, or microwaves. For work sites, you can power your drills, belt sanders, circular saws, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, vacuums, computers, large monitors, fax machines, and inkjet printers. For plain old fun, you can use the power source to run blenders, video games, TV and VCRs, satellite equipment, coffee makers, portable coolers and more.
    The XPower Powerpack features a built-in 1500 watt inverter and sealed, non-spillable 60 Amp-hour AGM battery. Dual AC outlets allow operation of multiple products, and a built-in battery level indicator confirms the charge level. A high surge protection and automatic over-temperature and overload shutdown keeps the Powerpack running safely and efficiently, while a low voltage alarm and shutdown prevents deep battery discharge. You can recharge the Powerpack from home (up to 15 hours), or your vehicle (6 to 8 hours). A padded grip towing handle removes easily for storage in tight places, and built-in handles on sides allow for easy lifting.
    The XPower Powerpack measures 14.8 x 15.6 x 12.3 inches (HxWxD), weighs 60 pounds.

This interests me, but I’m not sure if this would be overkill for what I am looking for. I’m basically looking for something that would allow me to adjust my bed (perhaps a booster with inverter?). Would this equipment allow me to run a portable space heater, and if so, for how long?

From the above description:
    The XPower Powerpack can be used to produce power for numerous applications. For power emergencies it can run essential appliances like refrigerators, cordless/mobile phones, radios, fireplace fans, table lamps, or microwaves. For work sites, you can power your drills, belt sanders, circular saws, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, vacuums, computers, large monitors, fax machines, and inkjet printers. For plain old fun, you can use the power source to run blenders, video games, TV and VCRs, satellite equipment, coffee makers, portable coolers and more.

You can use it to power anything that is rated at 1500 watts or below. So for instance, if you have a unit like the Vernado Model #VH203 (see picture below) that has two speeds at 375 watts and 750 watts you would be able to use it and power your bed.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by landrover View Post
    This interests me, but I’m not sure if this would be overkill for what I am looking for. I’m basically looking for something that would allow me to adjust my bed (perhaps a booster with inverter?). Would this equipment allow me to run a portable space heater, and if so, for how long?
    Not allowing for conversion losses (usually around 8%), 60AH battery can provide 60A for an hour, so W=VA; 720W (12vX60A=720Watts)
    You could get 720W for an hour, or any permutation of this relationship (360W for 2hrs, 72W for 10hrs, etc), not deducting conversion losses.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Thank you for the great feedback

I have a portable briefcase solar panel that I can use to recharge the power pack.

Recharging the XPower Power Pack with a Solar Panel
    A 12-volt solar panel rated to produce a maximum of 12 amps can be usedto charge XPower 1500 via the DC Power Socket. Once the solar panel?sDC plug is inserted into the DC Power Socket and the solar panel isplaced in the sun, XPower 1500 will charge automatically just as with theAC Charger. With direct sunlight, a typical 3 Amp solar panel will chargeXPower 1500 in about 24 hours. If the solar panel does not have aregulated output, disconnect it immediately after XPower 1500 ischarged.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    A ups.

A few home hospital type bed frames have battery backup, but I don't know of any LAL mattresses that do.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.