Thread: older quads

older quads

67 pretty good shape healthy very but here late tired I am under a lot of stress but so dam tired and wake up in the night and get more stressed and its not going away soon the stress

any ideas to get rest

I would have been very skeptical if NL and I hadn't tried this, but it seems to be working...deep breathing and meditation. I'm usually not into this sort of practice, but NL was having such good results, I thought I'd try it too. Of course as a quad, my deep breathing isn't the the same as hers, but I am relaxing more and not spending as much time stressed and awake. There are lots of resources on the internet to look at and find a practice that suits you...search "the quiet mind."

Try B-Complex. If that doesn't work add Benadryl. Start with one 25 mg and add more until it works. I take a B-Complex and two capsules of 50 mg Diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) every night. If the Benadryl works you can purchase diphenhydramine at Amazon. I buy 1000 50 mg capsules for $16.99.

This recently posted (2/22/18):
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Diphenhydramine (generic of Benadryl) is an antihistamine best used for short term management of allergic reactions such as hives, and is sometimes used for mild Parkinson's Disease as well as as a sleeping pill (hypnotic). It is not a good drug to use as a sleeping pill or for regular use for the elderly, who often have untoward side effects from its use. It can also interact adversely with many other medications. Here is a good site that discusses side effects: https://www.rxlist.com/benadryl-side...rug-center.htm

(KLD)
    See Post #2, "Benadryl" thread: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...61878-Benadryl

I haven't tried it yet but I guess it's the real deal and I'll probably use it in the future because I don't enjoy being out of it, high, or suffer from side effects but want something to help sleep. CBD oil is becoming the stress relief choice for millions.

I don’t recommend Benadryl for sleep on a regular basis. After a while it stops working and it can cause a next day hangover effect. I recommend trazodone or melatonin. Stress is hard to manage. Lessening the stress is recommended. Getting a massage, stretching, range of motion of joints are always beneficial in addition to medications.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Determined the and then relieve the stress.