Thread: Unilateral AD symptoms

Unilateral AD symptoms

Spinal cord injury does do interesting things to your body, as we know. I have a healed pressure ulcer on my left butt cheek. Healed though it is, when I sit upright for a half hour to 45 minutes, I start feeling sweating on my right side. I took back for 15 to 25 minutes, and all is well, and the cycle continues through the day. I am one a Ride cushion (I also have a Ride back, but I don't think that helps me at all.) I find that unilateral, opposite side AD interesting.

On an unrelated note are the times I'm sweating, but my blood pressure is normal or below normall. I worry that I am dysreflexic, until the blood pressure reading says that I'm not.

Sh*t, from a scientific perspective, the always worsening central pain symptoms are probably interesting, but they sure as hell aren't to me (or, I presume, to anyone else dealing with them.)
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

You don’t always have to have an elevated BP to have AD symptoms - you have an area of pain/pressure on that side so you’ll have to offload it regularly or get pressure mapped to get the correct cushion for offloading that buttocks of pressure.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Roho

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You don’t always have to have an elevated BP to have AD symptoms - you have an area of pain/pressure on that side so you’ll have to offload it regularly or get pressure mapped to get the correct cushion for offloading that buttocks of pressure.

pbr
    I alternate being upright with tilting my chair back when I am up. I spend a lot of time tilted back.

My last pressure mapping was three years ago, or thereabouts. It appears that I'm not eligible for another one covered by Medicare at this time.

It said that, as we approach the end of the second decade of the 21st century, there is no wheelchair cushion that automatically adjusts to the person sitting on it. Oh, well.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

It has been a long time that I posted a message on this form, but I regularly follow the news here...
    I also experience unilateral AD symptoms without elevated BP. It is difficult to explain it to the physician because there is no elevated blood pressure. Is there evidence (or information) on these symptoms?