Thread: Flying with an inflatable cushion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I don't know who Tom Borcherding is, but he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about with regard to flying. The "belly" of the plane is indeed pressurized to exactly the same pressure as the cabin. It would actually be quite difficult to arrange for an unpressurized cargo hold on a plane with a tubular body. Thus putting your chair in the cargo hold is no more likely to cause pressure issues than is the overhead compartment.
    Tom Borcherding is the President of ROHO.

The issues that Tom addressed from the questions I put to him were not about putting a chair in the cargo hold. What Tom was responding to was how to fly with and adjust a ROHO cushion in the cabin of an airplane. If you take off at about sea level and cabin pressure is somewhere between 6,000 to 8,000 feet, Tom was recommending that you adjust the pressure in your ROHO cushion, to a comfortable level, i.e., do the same tests you would do on the ground to adjust the pressure in the ROHO cushion while you are in the air.

Tom has been very responsive to concerns members of our community have had about ROHO cushions, reaching out to help those of us who have had issues and helping to us to resolve problems. He should be applauded for his efforts on behalf of his company and our community.
    Last edited by gjnl; 03-01-2018 at 01:15 AM.