Thread: Very old ceiling lift needs maintenance

Very old ceiling lift needs maintenance

I have a I-TEC ceiling mounted lift, which I've had for over 35 years. It needs some lubrication and, probably, other maintenance. I don't know what to do with it. Does anyone have an idea where I can find information? Google didn't get me anywhere, but maybe I searched for the wrong thing.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Never heard of this company, and it is not listed on AbleData either. If they sold out to another company (common in the lift business) there would be some record of this on the internet if it occurred in the last 25 years or so. Is there any other information list on the lift label?

Frankly, a CTL that is lasted 35 years is WAY beyond it's life expectancy (generally listed as 10 years). The strap that goes up/down also usually needs replacement every 2-3 years at least. Doubtful you would be able to get another company/vendor to work on this lift, as most only will do work on their own brands.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I need to keep it working, because I can't afford a replacement. It's doing fine, but I'd like to keep it that way.
    Alan

Just a thought - but what about asking your local bike repair shop if one of their better mechanics would like a little side job doing what they can for you. At a minimum they would be able to get some lube on it - and maybe figure out how to do more. Do it before spring hits!

That's a good idea, to ask a mechanic. I actually did ask the repair person from the DME vendor who supplied my mattress if he could take a look at the lift. He did, but the only idea he was able to come up with was to do some lubrication, so he did.
    Alan