Thread: Any tips on patching the nipple on a ROHO

Any tips on patching the nipple on a ROHO

Okay, I have patched ROHO's a lot of times and the last time I had a leak in one of the nipples I cut the nipple off and patched the cell because I did not think of a way to patch the little nipple sticking out of the corner cells. Or maybe I pushed the nipple in and patched the cell after pushing the nipple inward. So before I go that route again I thought I would see if anyone had any tips to patch the nipple as opposed to cutting the nipple off and patching the cell. pushing the nipple in and patching the cell which as I am typing this that sounds like a great idea. I really think I cut the nipple off last time but I now think I will push the nipple in and patch over that area on the cell. Maybe my ramblings here will be useful to someone or maybe someone will have a better way. If so please share...

Hey DJ, Why don't you call me tomorrow and we'll discuss options to help you out.

Thanks!

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil
    tom.borcherding@permobil.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post
    Hey DJ, Why don't you call me tomorrow and we'll discuss options to help you out.

Thanks!

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil
    Once again Tom from Permobil/Roho to the rescue.

Thanks Tom, you are a wonder!

Best,
    GJ

Thanks Tom.... I really came up with the idea of pushing the nipple in as I was typing that post and I am an impatient sort of person so I already went with that idea. It was really hard to push that nipple in and since it had a hole in it already.... well you probably guessed it I made the hole a little bigger in the process of pushing it in but I did get it all the way in and I did patch that area and I think it is better than cutting the nipple off. I will just wait and see how this holds up and later on down the road I may give you that call. Thanks again Tom if all the companies had someone like you at the helm things would be sooooo much better

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Borcherding View Post

Thanks!

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO / Permobil

DJ, I'm not real confident in that solution over the long haul but I applaud your creativity! If you get any signs that the patch is not holding, give me a shout.

Take care!

Tom