Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible?

You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I still use a flip phone, not a smart phone, and texting on it is real tedious. I will try to above since I have a Mac. No desire for a smart phone at this time.

(KLD)
    My feelings as well. I don't use any social media either unless this group counts as such. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    What you're doing is called iMessaging - only works on iOS (iphonea) and OSX (Mac computers) not on PCs (At least I don't know a way to do it on PCs)

How do you not have a cell phone in 2018, not trying to be an ASS I'm just very curious
    Not sure where you get your information but its off..you can text from any computer or anything with email access!

Anyone can text from a pc to a phone, a picture message (MMS) and text only message (SMS)

Open your email program and just put the phone number before the @carrier.

If you are not sure who the carrier is check here:

https://freecarrierlookup.com/

There are lots of reasons people dont have smart phones in our community and in general...simple hand and finger dexterity for one, cost, lack of need just to name a few reasons.

U.S. CarrierSMS GatewayMMS Gateway
    Altel@sms.alltelwireless.com@mms.alltelwireless.com
    AT&T@txt.att.net@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile@sms.myboostmobile.com@myboostmobile.com
    Sprint@messaging.sprintpcs.com@pm.sprint.com
    T-Mobile@tmomail.net@tmomail.net
    U.S. Cellular@email.uscc.net@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon@vtext.com@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile@vmobl.com@vmpix.com
    Last edited by RollPositive; 02-22-2018 at 07:54 PM.

That doesn't work for me, nor does putting the phone number alone in the "to" section for Mail on my Mac.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RollPositive View Post
    Not sure where you get your information but its off..you can text from any computer or anything with email access!

Anyone can text from a pc to a phone, a picture message (MMS) and text only message (SMS)

Open your email program and just put the phone number before the @carrier.

If you are not sure who the carrier is check here:

https://freecarrierlookup.com/

There are lots of reasons people dont have smart phones in our community and in general...simple hand and finger dexterity for one, cost, lack of need just to name a few reasons.

U.S. CarrierSMS GatewayMMS Gateway
    Altel@sms.alltelwireless.com@mms.alltelwireless.com
    AT&T@txt.att.net@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile@sms.myboostmobile.com@myboostmobile.com
    Sprint@messaging.sprintpcs.com@pm.sprint.com
    T-Mobile@tmomail.net@tmomail.net
    U.S. Cellular@email.uscc.net@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon@vtext.com@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile@vmobl.com@vmpix.com
    NL and I are iPhone newbies, and I've been following this thread with interest. So I tried this method, sending from my iMac (through my email program) a text to NL's iPhone (10 digit phone number + SMS Gateway address for our carrier).

Seconds later "text message whistle" and she had my text. She tried texting an answer to me, iPhone to iMac. I did not receive her reply. Does this mean that desk top computer to cell phone texting is a one time, one way action?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    NL and I are iPhone newbies, and I've been following this thread with interest. So I tried this method, sending from my iMac (through my email program) a text to NL's iPhone (10 digit phone number + SMS Gateway address for our carrier).

Seconds later "text message whistle" and she had my text. She tried texting an answer to me, iPhone to iMac. I did not receive her reply. Does this mean that desk top computer to cell phone texting is a one time, one way action?
    Okay, I've done more testing and set up iMessaging on my iMac. Now, of course, NL and I can text and reply to texts using iMessage. But it would appear that computer to phone messaging without iMessage is a one time, one way action, using Phone number + Carrier Gateway addressing method.