Thread: Front, mid, and rear wheel drive

Front, mid, and rear wheel drive

I have been in a quickie S Series recline, tilt, and elevating leg rest chair since 2004. I have only been and two chairs and they were the same. Well, my Motors are going bad and I need to get a new wheelchair. I have learned that rear wheel drive chairs are going to the Wayside and being promoted less and less by manufacturers. I really don't want to change but I don't want to have an outdated wheelchair years down the road. I am leaning towards the quickie F series chairs because I like the look better. I want a neutral color for my chair and permobile it's going to force me to choose a bold color. Does anyone else have one of these new quickie chairs? Any recommendations, advice, or suggestions for someone going to a different wheel drive after being at rear seemingly forever!?
    Marie
    Unbroken by the grace of God

Quote Originally Posted by quadmarie View Post
    I have been in a quickie S Series recline, tilt, and elevating leg rest chair since 2004. I have only been and two chairs and they were the same. Well, my Motors are going bad and I need to get a new wheelchair. I have learned that rear wheel drive chairs are going to the Wayside and being promoted less and less by manufacturers. I really don't want to change but I don't want to have an outdated wheelchair years down the road. I am leaning towards the quickie F series chairs because I like the look better. I want a neutral color for my chair and permobile it's going to force me to choose a bold color. Does anyone else have one of these new quickie chairs? Any recommendations, advice, or suggestions for someone going to a different wheel drive after being at rear seemingly forever!?
    Dont have Quickie but do have Permobil F3 and love it...it comes in a black.

100% agree rear wheel was good back in the day but new technology has greatly improved front wheel and mid wheel drive.

So you have the strength of rear wheel but the responsiveness of the other 2 drives.

It will take about 90 days to get comfortable but like all good things it will take time.

Work with your DME to do a weekend demo with both brands and see what you think using them in real world situations.

Bought this last year best chair ive had in 20yrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlEJ...ature=youtu.be