Thread: Do you like permobil F-3?

Do you like permobil F-3?

Do you like the F-3?
    One of my friends, C-5, is thinking about buying a Permobil F-3 on e-bay to replace his old power wheelchair.
    I don't like it because of height, not enough power, and battery problem I have been experiencing. So, I didn't recommend him, but I don't want hime make a decision based on my judgement.
    Now, I would like to ask you. Do you like it? Would you recommend it to your friend?

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Do you like the F-3?
    One of my friends, C-5, is thinking about buying a Permobil F-3 on e-bay to replace his old power wheelchair.
    I don't like it because of height, not enough power, and battery problem I have been experiencing. So, I didn't recommend him, but I don't want hime make a decision based on my judgement.
    Now, I would like to ask you. Do you like it? Would you recommend it to your friend?
    Love mine its the best chair I have ever had!!

I have had many chairs so not making sense what you are saying about height, not enough power and battery issues.

Why not explain more so we can help with issue you might be having?

How old is your F3 and did you get it used also?

Why would he buy used vs going to the process of funding new.

I advocate and have helped people get new chairs with in 90 to 120 days more then willing to help and no charge just like to help those in our community.

Hi RollPositive.
    I am glad to hear you like the F3.
    Why e-bay? We need to understand some people cannot afford the new chair.

My power wheelchair is less than 2 years.
    Battery problem: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...attery-problem
    Height : Min height on the spec is ok, but the height increases a lot as you tilt. I believe several people on this forum also talked about the height.
    Not enough power: When I get into a public bus, the chair got stuck at the end of the ramp (on certain ramp angle) when I use a profile 2, level 3 out of 5. I didn't have a problem with an older chair.
    Last edited by JK; 02-18-2018 at 10:26 PM.

I've got an F3. I am sitting higher than my previous C300 and which makes getting in the van and driving more difficult. I have an aftermarket back, which I feel is better than the standard Permobil back. I have an Invacare deep matrix elite back.

Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I've got an F3. I am sitting higher than my previous C300 and which makes getting in the van and driving more difficult. I have an aftermarket back, which I feel is better than the standard Permobil back. I have an Invacare deep matrix elite back.
    I have a F3 for a year now and love it so far - no problems, live out in the country and it has more power and goes faster than i should.

Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Hi RollPositive.
    I am glad to hear you like the F3.
    Why e-bay? We need to understand some people cannot afford the new chair.

My power wheelchair is less than 2 years.
    Battery problem: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...attery-problem
    Height : Min height on the spec is ok, but the height increases a lot as you tilt. I believe several people on this forum also talked about the height.
    Not enough power: When I get into a public bus, the chair got stuck at the end of the ramp (on certain ramp angle) when I use a profile 2, level 3 out of 5. I didn't have a problem with an older chair.

Well to start I think you make assumptions that are not correct. "We need to understand some people cannot afford the new chair

This is why people have funding...Insurance, Medicare or State funded insurance for low or no income.

People are able to get very nice new chairs funded with no money out of pocket.
    Its just a mater of going through the process.

In reading your post on batteries I am still a little lost I remember reading it but didnt respond.

I read it several times and I didnt see or might have missed your answer...even though you dont use it every day did you still charge it every day?

So 7-8 month you get one replaced my guess is you had a bad cell on the battery and got one replaced then 10 months later you have more issues...?

I think a good rule of thump if someone has not explained it...would be to get in the habit of changing out your batteries each year.

Can you go longer sure some can but there is nothing like rolling some where and having your batteries fail while away from home.

The fact that you got years out of your Pride chair batteries was great but its not the norm.

On chair height I think you are talking about active reach (tilt forward) life is about trade offs. When I use active reach I do go higher a bit but I am also able to reach things I would not normally be able to reach!

In a bar, restaurant, store active reach is a game changer so for me!

Last on power? It sounds like your chair is not set up right and your joystick needs to be programmed and speeds turned up.

Then you can slow it down on the fly as your rolling with the speed control and indoor outdoor mode.

When programmed right the F series chairs can power up crazy steep inclines no problem.

When someone is a new chair I always recommend them doing a demo for a weekend so they can use a chair in there own environment...school, home, care center, van, subway, train, dial a ride etc.

This way you can see if its going to match your lifestyle.