Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flu symptoms fever weak headache also possible Cellu;itus

Yes no blood clot. Just saw ortho for the second time for reasons. Mentioned above he does not want to use any type brace more x rays show fracture is lined up very good he he just wants me to support leg best I can which means more assistance on some transfers. My toughest transfers include h
    going to my left from Raz to my manual in shower going to have to make this one a more gentle transfer thanks sci nurse and all others for helpI got me through a scary patch hopefully I will have no or minor setbacks and will find some ways to make life easier on all .my joints

I forgot to ask about compression stocking I wear them just below knee could that cause problems with fluid building up at and above knee I will see when I get into ot but my good ot guy is 150 miles out I have an appointment but it is amounts out

I would be concerned about using a compression stocking on the fractured leg, as application can put a good deal of torque on your lower femur. A correctly applied ACE wrap might be better. I would encourage you to consider the use of a knee immobilizer to support your leg, in addition to getting assistance for transfers.

Here is an example:

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hi KLD and others. tomorrow I have my leg x-rayed to determine if it is healing ok (fractured femur Just above Knee) My concern is swelling or edema at knee and below all the way to foot on left leg (as compared to right) sometimes affected leg (left) a bit warm too. Do you think a lymphedema type pump would be helpful ? I am concerned as i am prone to cellulitus. I had ultrasound on 2/19 to check for clots should i have another one? I have been elevating leg quite a bit but it does not help much maybe a little..

I'm over a decade older than you and hubby and I are both paralyzed - he's SCI t-10. I can really sympathize with you about changes to daily activities due to issues that crop up. Just wondering if you've considered temporary help at home or PT evaluation. I was recently helped by 8 weeks of PT and OT, covered by Medicare to have rehab for severe shoulder pain. Had to change routine for showering, change method of toilet transfer, exercise shoulder twice a day; still have not returned to driving but hope to soon.
    Very best to you!