Thread: back height

back height

is there a rule of thumb on this or do you just set your back height were its comfortable thats what i do im t-10 complete but im starting to lean especially when on computer thanks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Pretty sure this depends on so many factors there's not going to be a rule of thumb. I've got a T8ish injury and I just measured my back for a new chair, it's set at 15"... so that's one example I guess

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Pretty sure this depends on so many factors there's not going to be a rule of thumb. I've got a T8ish injury and I just measured my back for a new chair, it's set at 15"... so that's one example I guess

ya thats about were im at thanks
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

T6/7 6'2" my back is at 14" with a 4" cushion. For me it has to be below my scapulas for good movement. For a T/8 the lower you can go the better.

T-4 14" back height with ROHO high profile cushion.

Many years ago, when I was learning about how to fit a chair, the rule of thumb was to have the width of the palm of your hand, (typically 3-4"), between the users armpit, and top of the back.
    I always tempered that a bit, depending on the disability and activity of the user, though.