Thread: Opinions on botox (not in the bladder)

Opinions on botox (not in the bladder)

I'm going in for a consultation and possibly the actual procedure for botox injections in my legs for spasticity, does anyone here have any experience with botox in your lower extremities.

Botox works best for smaller muscles such as the satorius, or hip abductors, and not as well for big muscles in the legs/hips such as the gluts, hamstrings (semimembranosus, semitendinosus and biceps femoris), or quadriceps.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I believe one of the muscle groups they're discussing is the gastroc (due to my bouncing feet) but they said something possibly further up, I have this problem where my legs essentially curl up to my chest and I can not straighten them out myself, as well as causing pain.

Just be aware that this treatment lasts only 6-12 months for most people, and then must be repeated. For some, repeated treatments become progressively less effective over time. I am assuming you have failed with the use of oral anti-spasticity drugs such as baclofen, tizanadine, or dantrolene sodium, and that there is some reason that you are not a candidate for or want to have a baclofen intrathecal pump?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.