Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: septicemia

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    i recently got very sick, high fever might have been a flu, but i typically take vitamins and drink water and fight it off naturally, ive been doing this since my AB days. I just dont like antibiotics, amoxicillin is still a heavy antibiotic to me. damn maybe I should stop playing this game. and go to the doctor when i get a high fever for more than 24.

from experience has it been mostly UTI or ulcers?
    Going to be blunt with you, you should change that mindset immediately because it could kill you. Drinking water and taking vitamins isn't going to take care of a serious bacterial infection. Not "liking" antibiotics...?

Just being real

If you have chills and fever, the infection is in your kidneys already. Not only are you at risk for septicemia, but the involvement of your kidneys in these infections destroys kidney tissue. In the 1950s, before we had better bladder management for those with SCI/D, the leading cause of death in those with SCI was kidney failure. Kidney failure, dialysis, etc. are not easy to live with, esp. with a SCI.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

VERY interesting. I had chills and a fever. wow.

NOTED.