Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is Ami zillazangel. Chad died

This is Ami zillazangel. Chad died

https://www.facebook.com/amiclaxton/...16414579296123

I haven’t posted here in an extremely long time but I found this place back in 2003?4? when I was trying to learn about SCI after meeting who turned out to be the absolute love of my life, that once in a lifetime never ever to be found again man who turned my life upside down and inside out in an amazing way. Our son who I called ?small boy? when I joined here because he was only 2 then is now 17 and almost off to college. He is likewise devastated and neither of us can believe it.

Chad had frontotemporal dementia, an ultra rare form of dementia. It is 100% unrelated to his quadriplegia. He just plain his the total fucking shit lottery twice but didn’t survive it the second time.

My entry above is my Facebook page which is private except for the few entries about chad here recently. The entry above specifically also has a link to his full obit.

We are having a radical AFTERPARTY (not funeral, not memorial service, not celebration of life) on feb 17th Raleigh NC (Cary actually but no one knows where that is). ALL welcome. Please MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK NOT HERE for details if you’d like to come. I don’t plan to log in here frequently.

Given how active I used to be here, I thought maybe a few old timers might remember us. The page above has many recent photos if you?d like to see how we look these days. Mainly just older and greyer but small boy sure looks different.

Thank you to this his community for (mostly lol) welcoming me.
    Last edited by zillazangel; 02-07-2018 at 04:33 AM.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

So sorry, Ami! I did see this on Facebook yesterday. You have not been around much in the last couple of years, but still are a valued member of our community. So sorry about Chad's death and his dementia. It must have been very difficult for you. I hope you will continue to come back here and let us know how you are doing. You have been missed.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hi Ami, I remember you and Chad well. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He was blessed having a wonderful wife and son who loved him dearly. Yes, you have been missed.

Very sorry for your loss. I remember your posts and as Patrick said Chad was very fortunate to have a loving wife and family. Condolences to you. I hope Chad is in a peaceful ,pain free place.

Hi Ami- I'm so sorry to hear of Chad's passing. Thank you for posting it here because I'm just not on Facebook much.

So sorry for your loss, Ami. Those pictures of Chad and Stanley are truly precious.

Ami- You were such a comfort to me during the early days after my husband's SCI. I'm sorry to hear about Chad.
    For however long, he was fortunate to have had you by his side.

What terrible news. I am so sorry to hear of your great loss Ami. My goodness.... FTD? Just, a shock.

We have missed you very much here, and appreciate you coming back to post. Your celebration sounds lovely. Can't imagine something better, considering the circumstances. I hope your home will soon be filled with people who care about you, your family, and Chad.

Oh, Ami, I certainly do remember you and Chad and I am so sorry to hear this news. Thank you for letting us know, and for posting a link to your Facebook page.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

So sorry for your loss Ami, too soon. Hope you are doing ok.