Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Boots

Snow Boots

Hi Friends,

I'm going to try mono skiing for the first time and I need to find snow boots. I have no leg or foot movement, so I can't wiggle my feet into most snow boots. Any suggestions for gear from those of you with similar experiences?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-03-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

have a ball so much fun but do be carefule of frostbike

Yeah, I would go for a boot that laces so you can loosen them up good to slip your foot in. Buy the size a little bigger so you can wear a good wool hiking sock and they'll be easier to put on. We usually go one whole size. These are a really good deal if they have your size:
    https://www.6pm.com/p/the-north-face...6/color/743960

Also get the hot hands foot sole warmers. They peel and stick to your socks. I use them almost everyday at work our doors are constantly opening so my feet were frozen when I would get home even though I had winter boots on. My toes were the worst so I stick them on going over my toes a little. I generally take my boots off mid day to reactivate them. They just need some air. Being in Minnesota it has been horribly cold. My daughter in law .works outside on the air strip at the airport and she loves them also. The are better than the plain hot hands since they stay wherever you stick them. My employee wore some when she went snowboarding and also loved them. Only about a dollar each when you buy then on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender lady View Post
    Also get the hot hands foot sole warmers. They peel and stick to your socks. I use them almost everyday at work our doors are constantly opening so my feet were frozen when I would get home even though I had winter boots on. My toes were the worst so I stick them on going over my toes a little. I generally take my boots off mid day to reactivate them. They just need some air. Being in Minnesota it has been horribly cold. My daughter in law .works outside on the air strip at the airport and she loves them also. The are better than the plain hot hands since they stay wherever you stick them. My employee wore some when she went snowboarding and also loved them. Only about a dollar each when you buy then on Amazon.
    Be careful on insensate feet. I have seen burns from these.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Be careful on insensate feet. I have seen burns from these.

(KLD)

This is very important to remember. Had a friend use battery socks and end up with second degree burns. Use wool socks inside your boots and change them at lunch or more often if possible. Keep your legs, especially calfs warm and this will help warm your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender lady View Post
    I use them all the time when hunting. I stick them on top of my toes but I have never experienced any problems with burns.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Arctic-S.../dp/B005IAY98G

I've been using these for deer hunting in MN for 15 years. Go right over your regular shoes. They're also what I used skiing in Bozeman. Feet have never once gotten cold, even in subzero temps.