Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colstomy

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    It's no game changer for quads.
    From the feedback I am getting here and elsewhere, it seems like I may be able to manage it myself (c5-6). My problem has never been constipation. It's about the 2 hours it takes to clear out + the damage to my innards sitting on a commode for that long. Add to that my need for help with transfers and program. I'm tired of my family's life revolving around my BP. My mitrofanoff gave me immeasurable independence & I'm hoping for the same here.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

What happens if or when you have gas?

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    it whistles or phoofs

the coward cuts a thousand farts, the valiant (crip) farts but one....

but don't be around when he empties his 1K gasbag!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    It's no game changer for quads.
    It was a HUGE game changer for me. I went from a 2-3 hr bowel routine to about a 5 minute bag change. I can do whatever I want without bc taking up so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIQNES View Post
    You may need to adjust your diet for gas forming foods. Don't be tempted to put a pin-hole in your appliance bag...you will definitely have an odor problem. There are bags you can get with a charcoal filtered vent that will release gas with little or no odor.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You may need to adjust your diet for gas forming foods. Don't be tempted to put a pin-hole in your appliance bag...you will definitely have an odor problem. There are bags you can get with a charcoal filtered vent that will release gas with little or no odor.

(KLD)
    I asked because i was around somebody that had one and the smell lingered long after they left my house.

that will happen if the pouch isn't securely clipped to the flange, or the flange has delaminated from the skin and thus leaks, hopefully only gas!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    that will happen if the pouch isn't securely clipped to the flange, or the flange has delaminated from the skin and thus leaks, hopefully only gas!
    Oh OK thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    It was a HUGE game changer for me. I went from a 2-3 hr bowel routine to about a 5 minute bag change. I can do whatever I want without bc taking up so much time.
    How do you care for it?