Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diarrahea

diarrahea

so tired of it always reacurring was told as colostomy is high will always be loose but dam I can not eat chili but once in a while stew vegetable soup and thing with fiber oatmeal mac and cheese

eat it 2 times I am liquid tonite I was like a dirty water hose it was so had just gross squirting out

what the heck do u do its comes and goes I hae take immoduim for last 2 days hate to see if I had not taken it

You may want to think about using a probiotic and a probiotic.
    probiotic normalizes the GI flora-
    a prebiotic is bulking agent (fiber)
    this combination can keep your GI tract stable

Try to stay away from Imodium

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

I have a Sigmoid Loop Colostomy (left Side). I had watery stool for a few years untul I found immodium. I take one every morning and that seems to do the trick. If I stop taking them, it turns more watery. Immodium makes all the difference in my lifestyle.

Why the need to stay away from imodium PBR? I haven't read any thing bad about it

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I have a Sigmoid Loop Colostomy (left Side). I had watery stool for a few years untul I found immodium. I take one every morning and that seems to do the trick. If I stop taking them, it turns more watery. Immodium makes all the difference in my lifestyle.

Why the need to stay away from imodium PBR? I haven't read any thing bad about it
    I fon/t know what kind I got it on left side straight acros from belly button about 2 inches and yesterday soft and now literal shooting colored water

why stay away from imoduim I am getting frustrated desperate ok I just order flora probotics rated # 3 what 3 would you suggest of other I eat 2 lld container with strawberries not fat greek yogurt aweek too

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    I fon/t know what kind I got it on left side straight acros from belly button about 2 inches and yesterday soft and now literal shooting colored water

why stay away from imoduim I am getting frustrated desperate ok I just order flora probotics rated # 3 what 3 would you suggest of other I eat 2 lld container with strawberries not fat greek yogurt aweek too
    oh thank god for the colostomy don?t even want to think of mess if the other way

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post

Sounds like you have a Sigmoid Loop col.. Mines soft; not hard by any means. Sometimes it's watery but not shooting out fill up the bag type or it may happen infrequently.. One immodium in the morning with the rest of my meds does the trick for me. I've never had to take more than one to keep it under control.

How long ago did you have it done.? If it was fairly recent, it's common. Strawberries and yogurt will give looser stool bigtime. I think that may have been why I quit yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Sounds like you have a Sigmoid Loop col.. Mines soft; not hard by any means. Sometimes it's watery but not shooting out fill up the bag type or it may happen infrequently.. One immodium in the morning with the rest of my meds does the trick for me. I've never had to take more than one to keep it under control.

How long ago did you have it done.? If it was fairly recent, it's common. Strawberries and yogurt will give looser stool bigtime. I think that may have been why I quit yogurt.

2007 somewhere around there it really depends on what I eat and I love chili love yougurt strawberries banana I eat really healthy but I got those probotic nurse recommend and try as its

crazy macaroni will cause diahreaa

I take an imodium in the morning and sometime a fibercon in the evening. That usually helps with the soft stool although occasionally I get much looser stool - still trying to figure out which foods cause that reaction. I've have a sigmoid loop as well. I'm also curious about the imodium warning?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You may want to think about using a probiotic and a probiotic.
    probiotic normalizes the GI flora-
    a prebiotic is bulking agent (fiber)
    this combination can keep your GI tract stable

Try to stay away from Imodium

pbr
    thank u thank you

I got some been taking them oh wow its gone thanks again

When you're sliding into first and your feeling something burst, (insert thread title here, insert thread title here)
    When you're driving in your chevy and your pants are getting heavy, (insert thread title here, insert thread title here)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Glad it's getting better.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8