Thread: Permobil acquisition of Max Mobility

Permobil acquisition of Max Mobility

Probably someone else posted about this already, but I didn't see anything yet.

http://www.permobil.com/en/Corporate...-Max-Mobility/

Permobil announces acquisition of Max Mobility

December 27, 2017 ? Permobil is pleased to announce the acquisition of MAX Mobility. With this acquisition, Permobil further expands its wheelchair offerings by providing a motorized power assist solution to its users and bridging the gap between power and manual wheelchairs. Power assist provides an alternative solution for manual wheelchair users to maintain their independence and reduce the risks of repetitive strain injuries associated with wheelchair propulsion. SmartDrive MX2+ with PushTracker is a revolutionary power assist device that works on virtually any manual wheelchair on the market.

Headquartered in Nashville, TN, MAX Mobility shares Permobil's passion for end users and improving quality of life. Entrepreneur Mark Richter, Ph.D., and CEO of MAX Mobility, was interested in wheelchair users who self-propel and the challenges they face because of it, including shoulder injuries from years of propulsion. With a drive to reduce shoulder pain, Max Mobility revolutionized the power assist market.

"Almost three out of four manual wheelchair users have shoulder pain already," says Mark Richter. "By becoming part of Permobil and adding power assist to the portfolio we can expand our reach and reduce shoulder pain for users globally. I am personally excited to join Permobil as the Senior Group Innovation Advisor working across the Power, Manual and Seating and Positioning portfolios."

SmartDrive easily attaches to manual chairs in just seconds and is ideal for users with limited strength. It simply attaches to the back of the user's chair and with built-in battery can go for miles on a single charge. Weighing just over 12 pounds, SmartDrive is lightweight and portable.

"We are excited to welcome MAX Mobility to the Permobil family," says Larry Jackson, President of Permobil Business Region Americas. "The addition of power assist technology to our portfolio greatly expands our offering and will provide an independent mobility solution for our users globally."
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Had not seen this. Mark wins, while friendly company takes a hit.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

​More industry consolidation. I hope the quality of service remains as good

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    NO NO NO.
    Max Mobility customer service has been so awesome, damn I love that company.
    Well good for MaX mobility, hope they got rich.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    ​More industry consolidation. I hope the quality of service remains as good
    yeah look at what a great job they did with Tilite !!!!

Dude is missing his vocation as a comedian.
    MAX Mobility shares Permobil's passion for end users

Blog Entries
    Another one bites the dust. Consolidation is great for businesses, and the owners selling, but ultimately sucks for the customers. Especially in this business, where we have few enough choices, and competitors, who need to earn our business instead of simply "acquiring" it.
    "Live your life in such a way that the fear of death can never enter your heart." -Tecumseh.

A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus