Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chocolate cake

chocolate cake

betty crocker ok I love bread cake etc

I wanted cake soooo 1 cake mix 3 large etc 1/3 plain no fat yougart = 1 sheet cake 20 ps =098 cal per ps I can live with that and the cakes was light and mosit no oil

wow, that sounds delicious, I hate to bake because I hate to clean up but I do love sweets.

Peace and God Bless

I think this approach might reduce the cleanup

https://www.babble.com/best-recipes/...-just-minutes/

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post

have you tried any

I've seen this one made on television. The calories are a bit over the top at 340 calories for 1/12 of the cake compared to "vjls's" chocolate cake with 95 calories per serving. But you can't beat the ease of clean up. Heck if you are making it for your own consumption, eat it right out of the pan! Could make a nice Valentine's treat!

THREE INGREDIENT, ONE PAN CHOCOLATE CHERRY DUMP CAKE

Servings: 12
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Baking Time: about 45 minutes

Ingredients
    2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
    1box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
    3/4 cup butter, melted
    Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired

Steps
    1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.

2. Spread pie filling in baking dish. Top with dry cake mix; gently shake pan to distribute evenly. Pour melted butter over top, tilting pan to cover as much of top with butter as possible.

3. Bake 42 to 45 minutes or until mostly dry on top and bubbly around edges. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.

Tips
    Canned cherry pie filling may contain an occasional pit. It?s helpful to take a closer look when spreading in pan, before topping with cake mix.

Dump cakes are sometimes difficult to determine doneness. It?s normal to see some wet spots, some dry cake mix and a crisp-like texture on top. Be sure fruit mixture is bubbly around edges of pan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by garvey View Post

Wow, I thought the dump cake was a calorie bomb! That chocolate chip cookie dough mug cake tips the calorie count at approximately 680 calories per mug, add a 1/4 cup scoop of vanilla ice cream and you've got a tasty 750 calorie treat! Maybe share that mug with your sweetie on Valentine's Day

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I've seen this one made on television. The calories are a bit over the top at 340 calories for 1/12 of the cake compared to "vjls's" chocolate cake with 95 calories per serving. But you can't beat the ease of clean up. Heck if you are making it for your own consumption, eat it right out of the pan! Could make a nice Valentine's treat!

THREE INGREDIENT, ONE PAN CHOCOLATE CHERRY DUMP CAKE

Servings: 12
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Baking Time: about 45 minutes

Ingredients
    2 cans (21 oz each) cherry pie filling
    1box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devil's food cake mix
    3/4 cup butter, melted
    Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired

Steps
    1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.

2. Spread pie filling in baking dish. Top with dry cake mix; gently shake pan to distribute evenly. Pour melted butter over top, tilting pan to cover as much of top with butter as possible.

3. Bake 42 to 45 minutes or until mostly dry on top and bubbly around edges. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.

Tips
    Canned cherry pie filling may contain an occasional pit. It?s helpful to take a closer look when spreading in pan, before topping with cake mix.

Dump cakes are sometimes difficult to determine doneness. It?s normal to see some wet spots, some dry cake mix and a crisp-like texture on top. Be sure fruit mixture is bubbly around edges of pan.
    use the no fat plaine yougurt its 100 calories for 3/4 cup where that butter is gonna be anout 600 calories

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    use the no fat plaine yougurt its 100 calories for 3/4 cup where that butter is gonna be anout 600 calories
    or u can make it a crumble with flour butter brown sugar tastey

Wow, this chocolate cherry dump really looks good, I wish I had some, thanks for the ingredients and instructions, I will give to this girl and she will make it, can't wait.
    Thanks again and God Bless.

john k
    Last edited by jkizer; 01-31-2018 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Added more text

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    True, but since the butter is dotted on top, achieving the same thing with yogurt is not going to give you anywhere near the same product.

Reminds me of a cooking joke...Sally gave Bill the recipe for a cake. Bill baked the cake and was disappointed and gave Sally a call. "The recipe was a flop." So, together they went through the recipe.
    "Did you use cake flour?"
    "Oh no, I used whole wheat flour."
    "Did you use butter?"
    "No, I used shortening."
    "Okay, did you use cream?"
    "I substituted 1% milk."
    And so the conversation went, until the friend said,
    "Bill, I think you made a different cake from the recipe I gave you."
    Bill replied, "But I followed the instructions!"

PS: I don't know a whole lot about cooking, but I asked NL if she knew of any easy cake recipes and she reminded me we had once seen a television program in which the cook was demonstrating this dump cake. She did the background and calorie work up for me.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-31-2018 at 03:39 PM.