Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ideas for Backrest and Seat Cushion for School

  1. #1

    Ideas for Backrest and Seat Cushion for School

    Hi All-

    I am looking for a new seat cushion, back rest or modifications to my current set up. I am usually in the chair for 3-5 hrs before I can get get horizontal for a few minutes of proper relief. I was wondering what items or tweaks other people have found to work. I am currently using:

    -ADI Carbon Fiber backrest with the stock foam pad
    -Varilite cushion on a rigid seat pan.

    I feel like a new pad for the backrest might be a start, but i have not found anything that really helps. I have tried lumbar pads but they tend to slip or push me too far forward. I had a Roho seat cushion but it popped it in the first week, I could go back that route if people feel it will make a great difference.

    Thanks for you help in advance.

    Rob

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Hi All-

    I am looking for a new seat cushion, back rest or modifications to my current set up. I am usually in the chair for 3-5 hrs before I can get get horizontal for a few minutes of proper relief. I was wondering what items or tweaks other people have found to work. I am currently using:

    -ADI Carbon Fiber backrest with the stock foam pad
    -Varilite cushion on a rigid seat pan.

    I feel like a new pad for the backrest might be a start, but i have not found anything that really helps. I have tried lumbar pads but they tend to slip or push me too far forward. I had a Roho seat cushion but it popped it in the first week, I could go back that route if people feel it will make a great difference.

    Thanks for you help in advance.

    Rob
    Barring a manufacturer defect, over inflation, or other negligence, your Roho cushion should not have "popped" in one week. Hope you found out what caused the damage and Roho took care of a replacement for you.

    That said, I'd suggest a Roho cushion, there are several models from which to choose. For the back rest, take a look at the Roho Agility Contour Back Systems. These come in several depths and models.
    https://permobilus.com/products/seat...stem-products/

    Your best bet is to get to a physical or occupational therapist seating specialist with a RESNA, Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America certification in Assistive Technology Certification (ATP) and/or Seating and Mobility Specialist (SMS) and get a seating and positioning evaluation and recommendation for a seating system that suits your needs.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-31-2018 at 05:21 PM.

  3. #3
    Oh yeah it was user negligence with a nail. Thanks for input.
    RS

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Oh yeah it was user negligence with a nail. Thanks for input.
    RS
    You seem very defensive. My comment was not meant to be pejorative. But, I've had 5 Roho cushions over the years and have found them very durable and I've had only two leaks and those after a couple years of service from the cushions that failed. Those leaks were easily found and repaired and the cushions went on to be serviceable for some time afterward and are still in the closet to provide back up should I need it. That is not to say that Roho cushions are indestructable or without manufacturing flaws. Get a seat evaluation and take another look at the Roho options.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-28-2018 at 05:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Oh I was not trying to be defensive, I was agreeing with you.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Oh I was not trying to be defensive, I was agreeing with you.
    Guess I didn't catch your nuance.
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-28-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Ultraportable toilet seat ideas?
    By funklab in forum Equipment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 09:55 PM
  2. Ideas for Keeping backrest locked down?
    By ryanrmx in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
  3. Raised Toilet Seat Design ideas
    By Stephen6s in forum Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 10:12 AM
  4. wheelchair, cushion and backrest for C5C6?
    By C5C6 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
  5. Summer School Ideas
    By Thusa in forum Life
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •