Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Round Betty Dino V2 Wheels

  1. #21
    Senior Member sowseng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    980
    I heard that Dino wheel tends to have some noise, so yours is complete silence?

    I don't know that Tilite has the same wheel lock mounting as Oracing.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,182
    Blog Entries
    1
    Those look like custom wheel lock mounts.
    "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

    "Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Those look like custom wheel lock mounts.
    Indeed they are.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad09 View Post
    The Dino's are definitely good looking wheels but the spokes are little too thick for my taste. More importantly, I don't think I can ever go back to a non x-laced wheel again. I can fit all four of my fingers in between the spokes of my XLX wheels at the hub when putting them in my car...
    The spokes appear thick probably because you're accustomed to Spinergy's thinner ones. The Round Betty spokes are tubular (i.e., hollow) so they're actually quite light. And while there's no Consumer Reports-type comparisons between the various styles and makes of wheelchair wheels, my *hunch* is that the aluminum spokes of the Dinos has less flex than even Spinergy's x-laced spoke pattern. The aluminum spokes are stiffer than Spinergy's fiber spokes. Both are great wheels. At the end of the day it's nice to have a choice of wheels, etc. to choose from.

  5. #25
    Love this look. What make is your seat pan? I don't remember seeing an option like that when I ordered mine, but not yet sent to manufacture.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyWheels View Post
    Love this look. What make is your seat pan? I don't remember seeing an option like that when I ordered mine, but not yet sent to manufacture.
    The carbon fiber pan is aftermarket. We (Bike-On) work with a supplier who makes carbon fiber aviation parts (among other things). On the side he takes the occasional order for seat pans.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The carbon fiber pan is aftermarket. We (Bike-On) work with a supplier who makes carbon fiber aviation parts (among other things). On the side he takes the occasional order for seat pans.
    Thank you so much Stephen, How would I go about getting a price and ordering one? I have a or will have a 17"x15" TiLite Areo Z.

    Mark

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyWheels View Post
    Thank you so much Stephen, How would I go about getting a price and ordering one? I have a or will have a 17"x15" TiLite Areo Z.

    Mark
    Drop me an email (addy below).

  9. #29
    Those are awesome I might have to get me a pair. I currently own two pairs of the Round Betty Dino's old style.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by nmireles View Post
    Those are awesome I might have to get me a pair. I currently own two pairs of the Round Betty Dino's old style.
    Hit me up if you're interested in a set.

Similar Threads

  1. Round Betty Dino vs. Spinergy LX?
    By Wills77 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-15-2018, 12:34 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
  3. FS: Round Betty Dino wheels. $300.
    By -scott- in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 10:43 AM
  5. Round Betty Dino + Surelocks
    By stephen212 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •