Thread: Insane AD after botox injections

Insane AD after botox injections

I got my usual Botox injections yesterday , and my bladder hasnt stopped spasming and today I have a fever and when I do get a bladder spasm my AD is off the chart. the most pounding headache I've had during AD.

I just started taking the antibiotics he prescribed to me today as I was not able to get them yesterday

as long as I sit still , laying down my bladder doesn't spasm nearly as much . But I do have a headache

Sounds like it's not your first botox rodeo.

For me it always messed up my bladder for a good week or two, it would spasm all the time and not hold anything until it got over whatever initial irritation it was experiencing and chilled out again.

Any chance you upped the number of injection sites or amount of botox used?

He didn't change anything. I'm on the maximum side . I'm just not sure if maybe I got an infection since I didn't take the anabiotic's in time

My last Botox 6 mouths ago and my shoulders been killing me ever since and for the first 6 mouths all I wanted to do was sleep all the time I was so tired. I have seen my uro several times since and he won't do them for awhile till we find out wants going on with my shoulder. I may not last 6 mouths more they hurt so bad can hardly turn steering wheel on my van to get around.
    The being tired has left mostly. Myself I think the Botox made my shoulder really hurt for some reason. I have full motion without very little pain they just ache like crazy. Ij I lay down for 3 to 5 hours I can hardly get outa bed they are soo stiff and hurt. Sometimes takes me a hour just to get them to move so I can get outa bed. They did't hurt like that before the Botox. I really don't no if I can stand 6 more mouths of my shoulders hurting like this. Other people I read about that had Botox for other things have had pain in certain parts for almost 3 years before it went away. Hell I can't wait that long.
    Art

Ask your urologist about a short course of B&O rectal suppositories. These can help a lot with AD caused by bladder surgical procedures.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-19-2018 at 03:15 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Ask your urologist about a short course of B&O rectal suppositories. These can help a lot with AD caused by bladder surgical procedures.(KLD)

My bladder spasms have subsided for the most part but I do have a 102 fever

Were you given a prophylactic dose of Cipro. When I was having Botox injections, I was given a Cipro tablet before the procedure and one to take home and take 12 hours after the procedure.

102 temperature...bladder infection?
    Last edited by gjnl; 01-18-2018 at 11:21 PM.

wow yanni, thats high dont let it get septic
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannit View Post
    My bladder spasms have subsided for the most part but I do have a 102 fever
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Fever went away Friday early morning.

The Dr had only prescribed caphlex after, but didn't start taking it until a day later

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    My suggestion may not cure you, but it won?t hurt you. Get water for drinking and cooking that has no chlorine bleach. Short-term, this could even be distilled water. Don?t wear metal jewelry for a while,...earrings, bracelets, watches,...especially jewerly containing nickel. Stop using stainless steel flatware for a while, as it contains nickel. This may get rid of your sweats, fever, and deep pain in as little as two days.

Here’s a little more on Botox:
    https://www.msdsonline.com/resources...ium-botulinum/

Iatrogenic botulism: Side effects resulting from the therapeutic intramuscular injection of Botox (purified, diluted A neurotoxin)(5). Characterized by clinical weakness and electrophysiological abnormalities(10,11).
    ...Iatrogenic botulism: Should be suspected if patient has recently received Botox(10,11). An immuno-PCR assay capable of detecting neurotoxin type A in the femtogram range has been developed(20).”
    Last edited by Vintage; 01-22-2018 at 03:02 AM.
    Female, T9 incomplete