Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: How can I get a replacement TiLite slingback style back?

  1. #11
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    That'd be where my holes are, but six years in that aint too bad.
    I bet a cobbler could stick on leather reinforcements.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I bet a cobbler could stick on leather reinforcements.
    ...reinforce the old ones
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    My wife just bought sling style back from Sportaid for a TiLite chair. Just call with serial number of chair. The Sportaid rep will call TiLite, get you a price and if you approve, they order
    Another complication is the fact that I don't have a serial number. Whenever I get a chair I immediately pull off all the stickers, nothing on my chair says "TiLite" or "Spinergy" and the serial number sticker fell victim to my maniacal hatred of stickers as well.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    I bet a cobbler could stick on leather reinforcements.
    I thought long and hard about this, and plan to do it with this back (though maybe not leather because it has to go through the washer every once in a while) as soon as I get a second back, but the logistics are hard at the moment.

    I'd have to live my life completely without a wheelchair back while the seamstress/cobbler/whoever worked on the back. Unless I can find someone to do it while I wait, I can't really live life without a back.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    Another complication is the fact that I don't have a serial number. Whenever I get a chair I immediately pull off all the stickers, nothing on my chair says "TiLite" or "Spinergy" and the serial number sticker fell victim to my maniacal hatred of stickers as well.
    Just have to state that I've used my serial number several times to order parts for my 7 year old TiLite. There may be a way to track your Ser. number through TiLite or vendor as it seems it would be on original invoice. Might come in handy in the future. I can definitely see why one would remove stickers on stuff, but removing the serial #? Holy cow, surprised someone does that.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I thought long and hard about this, and plan to do it with this back (though maybe not leather because it has to go through the washer every once in a while) as soon as I get a second back, but the logistics are hard at the moment.

    I'd have to live my life completely without a wheelchair back while the seamstress/cobbler/whoever worked on the back. Unless I can find someone to do it while I wait, I can't really live life without a back.

    Funklab, how wide is your chair? I think I may have a couple of 17" wide TiLite backs of varying heights. I use a Jay 3 hard back but they always send the soft back when I get a new chair.

  7. #17
    Senior Member pfcs49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NW NJ ***********T12 cmplt since 95
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    I thought long and hard about this, and plan to do it with this back (though maybe not leather because it has to go through the washer every once in a while) as soon as I get a second back, but the logistics are hard at the moment.

    I'd have to live my life completely without a wheelchair back while the seamstress/cobbler/whoever worked on the back. Unless I can find someone to do it while I wait, I can't really live life without a back.
    Oh my god!! I'm a pig! I haven't washed my back in ten years!
    You certainly should have a spare.
    Post up your width ASAP and someone will probably rescue you! I'm coming out of my cave sometime soon to ship some electronics; I'll be at UPS. If I have a back your size I'd be happy to send it to you.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

  8. #18

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Just have to state that I've used my serial number several times to order parts for my 7 year old TiLite. There may be a way to track your Ser. number through TiLite or vendor as it seems it would be on original invoice. Might come in handy in the future. I can definitely see why one would remove stickers on stuff, but removing the serial #? Holy cow, surprised someone does that.


    I have the same back 15 years but... its got holes in and the back mesh is gone but it works wheels at 15 years to the orginal 1ones

  10. #20
    still have any backs for sale I could use a ti lite and/or Quickie back

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 04:17 PM
  2. Tilite TR3 (Replacement) / Finally Here
    By ResonantEcho in forum Equipment
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 12:24 AM
  3. Replacement TiLite AeroZ
    By CurvySAT05 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
  4. Best place for TiLite replacement casters?
    By NoDecafPlz in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 07:48 PM
  5. TiLite ZRa caster bolt replacement?
    By nikki-k in forum Equipment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •