Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I get a replacement TiLite slingback style back?

How can I get a replacement TiLite slingback style back?

Hey,

I have a 6 year old Tilite ZR and the back is wearing through. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Obviously I don't want to go through a local DME provider, because I'll need the replacement this decade.

Doesn't look like I can buy them on sportaid, there are a bunch of other brands, but I have no idea how well they will work, and I really like the back that came with my chair.

Is there a way to buy parts/upholstry directly from TiLite?

Blog Entries
    A couple/few years ago I needed a TiLite strap seat pan, and I ordered it through Bike-On, stephen212, and had it within a week. I don't know if he is still a rep for them, but it's worth a shot. I know fuentejps works there too. I'd try them first
    "Live your life in such a way that the fear of death can never enter your heart." -Tecumseh.

A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Actually, if you pay out of pocket and have a local dme rep that will meet you in person then they usually turn those orders around quick. You just need the serial number from your chair and the part number.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Actually, if you pay out of pocket and have a local dme rep that will meet you in person then they usually turn those orders around quick. You just need the serial number from your chair and the part number.
    The markup will still be ridiculously high. At least 50% over their cost. I'd say Bike-On will be the cheapest and quickest.

It takes my DME several weeks to reply to an email and no one who knows anything ever answers the phone. I've been trying to get a new chair for the past 15 months and as far as I can tell I'm probably still a year or so away from actually getting it, so I'll avoid them at all costs.

Back long ago, in a point of light that was extinguished, when service mattered, Ti replaced my sling back that a back-cane had worn through with a new one, and put on doubled leather corners that are still holding up 13 years later!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Back long ago, in a point of light that was extinguished, when service mattered, Ti replaced my sling back that a back-cane had worn through with a new one, and put on doubled leather corners that are still holding up 13 years later!
    They can't do that anymore because replacement parts are a major profit stream. I wear a hole in my back rest under each arm pit every 3 months. I've got 4 extras on hand at all times to stay ahead of the wear and tear.

They can't do that anymore because replacement parts are a major profit stream. I wear a hole in my back rest under each arm pit every 3 months. I've got 4 extras on hand at all times to stay ahead of the wear and tear.
    That'd be where my holes are, but six years in that aint too bad.

I have a couple different brands of sling style backs for sale. How wide is your current backrest?
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

My wife just bought sling style back from Sportaid for a TiLite chair. Just call with serial number of chair. The Sportaid rep will call TiLite, get you a price and if you approve, they order