Thread: EZ Lock rattle/squeak

EZ Lock rattle/squeak

I like everything about the EZ lock docking system. It is great just backing into the device and going. But lately there has been an ongoing rattle and squeak when driving on rough roads. Tried pumping it full of grease to no avail. All of the bolts are tight and nothing is loose. Somewhere in the coupler, there is a rattle. I believe the squeak is coming from where the pin locks into the coupler. Anybody ever experienced this? Anybody have any suggestions to cure the problem?
    Thanks, Clint
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I like everything about the EZ lock docking system. It is great just backing into the device and going. But lately there has been an ongoing rattle and squeak when driving on rough roads. Tried pumping it full of grease to no avail. All of the bolts are tight and nothing is loose. Somewhere in the coupler, there is a rattle. I believe the squeak is coming from where the pin locks into the coupler. Anybody ever experienced this? Anybody have any suggestions to cure the problem?
    Thanks, Clint
    I've not heard of any one "backing into" an EZ Lock docking system. Do you mean you don't ride facing the front of the vehicle?

That said, I know I can get a rattle if the pin isn't positioned just right. Usually "moving" the chair back and forth or side to side while in the locked down position repositions the pin against the jaws of the lock down and the squeak goes away.

Yes, you can certainly back into the EZ lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    Yes, you can certainly back into the EZ lock.
    Yes, I can understand that it can be done, but why would you want to ride backward instead of looking out the front window of the vehicle. Guess if you had other people in the vehicle and you wanted to carry on a conversation that makes sense. I just find riding facing front helps keep me balanced and alert in anticipation of a turn or quick stop.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Yes, I can understand that it can be done, but why would you want to ride backward instead of looking out the front window of the vehicle. Guess if you had other people in the vehicle and you wanted to carry on a conversation that makes sense. I just find riding facing front helps keep me balanced and alert in anticipation of a turn or quick stop.
    I back into the EZ lock and face forward. Sorry about the video it is blurry.
    "Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you?"

[QUOTE=countryboy;1847635]I back into the EZ lock and face forward. Sorry about the video it is blurry./QUOTE]

It appears that you back into your van, but you moved forward once in your van to lock down in the EZ Lock. I do that too,

I was just referring that it's possible to back into an EZLock, but it's typically done for passenger use.