Thread: Pressure problems visible on x-ray?

Blog Entries

Pressure problems visible on x-ray?

My left hip?thigh joint is a bit unhappy, turning red, but fading when I turn from it. But it has started to continue making me aware of it (not really hurting but complaining a bit) even when I?m sitting, or lying on the other side. I have pretty bad osteoporosis. Could I be damaging it inside, even though the skin redness fades? Would you see that on x-ray? I have to go to radiology anyway. Would that be a useful study to get?

My understanding is that soft tissue damage is not really visible on x-ray so there could be tissue damage under the surface of the skin even though the redness is fading, this can be dangerous if not identified. I am not trying to alarm you in any way; however, it is always best to follow up and be a strong advocate for your own care. If our bodies are telling us something is amiss, it is a good idea to listen to them.

Here is some reading:

http://www.uhn.ca/PatientsFamilies/H...Prevention.pdf

There are some links in this PDF as well.

Good luck!

You can see localized inflammation on an xray. X-rays are primarily looking at anatomy on the inside. Most surgeons like a plain film xray prior to getting a MRI or CT scan. If something is irregular xray Will detect it.

MRI looks specifically at tissue and is for diagnostic purposes.

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Arthritic changes might be causing bone spurs that irritate your soft and connective tissues. To be on the safe side and nip potential damage in the bud, it would be wise to have diagnostic imaging studies done. Redness like that, even though it fades, can be a sign that something needs to be attended to.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions