Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapid and robust recovery of breathing 1.5 years after Cervical injury (Jerry Silver)

I think GJ confused the title of the study with being something lunaiscc42 had actually experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I know but I can't speak... I know theres ways around that but it's very tedious and time consuming to have a conversation or hold a discussion verbally in person. I admit that I just hoped somebody else here might have an answer
    Ah my bad man I didn't know. I think it would be best if you tried emailing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Ah my bad man I didn't know. I think it would be best if you tried emailing him?
    i just might have to do that
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I've found he's very responsive to email and questions.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am not sure that this question can be can be answered yet but here it is

Since the peptide is a subcutaneous shot and opening the dura in a tricky surgery is probably not needed, what implication might that have on the clinical trial process. Will it make the fda approval process faster than than it is for current cell trials

Any thoughts on this or is it too early to even ask. Im just seeing if it's going to be able to get to the clinical setting hella fast

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I am not sure that this question can be can be answered yet but here it is

Since the peptide is a subcutaneous shot and opening the dura in a tricky surgery is probably not needed, what implication might that have on the clinical trial process. Will it make the fda approval process faster than than it is for current cell trials.
    Simple non-toxic peptide formulas via subcutaneous injection is one of the easiest to run in a clinical trial as opposed to surgeries or stem cells.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Simple non-toxic peptide formulas via subcutaneous injection is one of the easiest to run in a clinical trial as opposed to surgeries or stem cells.
    yes just looking a little bit ahead and wondering if/hoping that this will be able to get through trials easier and faster

I just was checking your bio luna ... 15yrs this year?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I just was checking your bio luna ... 15yrs this year?

Yeah it's crazy and I barely notice it actually. Shit honestly just kind of settled in over time. Youve been at this like twice as long as me. Grateful to be alive, was so close to death so many times
    Just one story...
    Like eight years ago before my Mom woke me up to do the morning routine and start the day off she was taking a shower and I was still sleeping, somehow the trach rubbed a hole in that main artery in my neck and she came in and blood was just gushing out of my stoma when she pulled out the trach so she put it back in to partly cover the bleeding and then she called 911.I just remember waking up in the hospital a few days later
    I really shouldnt have survived. Forget the technical name of that surgery, just know that whenever I go to a new doctor and they see that in the list of my past surgeries Theyre always like wtf

Yikes! There definitely a reason you're here then x2! I didn't know that phenomenon happened (bleeding through a trache) until I saw the movie, Breathe, based on a true story.