Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: those driving van from manual chair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    those driving van from manual chair

    pls post pics of your setups etc.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  2. #2
    bump
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  3. #3
    Contact Russ Wooton (aka Scorpion that used to hang here) I know he used to drive from manual: http://ruswooton.com/

  4. #4
    thx, will do.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  5. #5
    OTHERS?? brian and smokey how are your rigs setup. anyone drive from zx-1??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    OTHERS?? brian and smokey how are your rigs setup. anyone drive from zx-1??
    I'm also wondering about driving a full size van from a ZX1. I have not yet heard of anyone doing this mod. Since I use ZX1 when I go out and about it would be great to drive with it attached. Or, doff it in the van and drive from everyday chair, but then again, I would need a tie down that did not attach to the underside of the wheelchair and obstruct the ZX1. Hopefully someone will explore this engineering challenge, 'it's not rocket science' as they say.

  7. #7
    I remembering seeing a ezlock mod on zx1 here somewhere??
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I'm also wondering about driving a full size van from a ZX1. I have not yet heard of anyone doing this mod. Since I use ZX1 when I go out and about it would be great to drive with it attached. Or, doff it in the van and drive from everyday chair, but then again, I would need a tie down that did not attach to the underside of the wheelchair and obstruct the ZX1. Hopefully someone will explore this engineering challenge, 'it's not rocket science' as they say.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  8. #8
    I drive from my manual chair but have the lowered floor Braun conversion, EZ Lock and hand controls

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    I'm also wondering about driving a full size van from a ZX1. I have not yet heard of anyone doing this mod. Since I use ZX1 when I go out and about it would be great to drive with it attached. Or, doff it in the van and drive from everyday chair, but then again, I would need a tie down that did not attach to the underside of the wheelchair and obstruct the ZX1. Hopefully someone will explore this engineering challenge, 'it's not rocket science' as they say.

    Where do you live?

    I'd need to see the ZX1 in the driving position.

    while its not rocket science it needs to be safe and doable.

    I've seen a lot of scary tie down stuff including many right here.

    Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    Where do you live?

    I'd need to see the ZX1 in the driving position.

    while its not rocket science it needs to be safe and doable.

    I've seen a lot of scary tie down stuff including many right here.

    Jim
    Thanks, but I don't have lowered floor van with drivers seat removed to show you where ZX1 would sit. I transfer to driver's seat while my ZX1 is attached to my chair. Not looking to change for near future, healing shoulder issue and not driving for the present.
    However, with the popularity of the ZX1 and plenty of aging shoulders out there it seems there could be a way to drive safely from ZX1.

Similar Threads

  1. Driving, manual chair, Bakk Flip and Lokk Up
    By wrongdog in forum Equipment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-24-2018, 02:18 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 11:46 PM
  3. Driving from your manual chair.
    By JAYCUE in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 01:28 PM
  4. Driving from manual chair...
    By NoDecafPlz in forum Life
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:30 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •